Listening to the ATIS

c.b.powell

Hello. New purchaser here, very impressed so far.

In other XP aircraft I'm accustomed to getting the ATIS/AWOS audio in flight by simply tuning the appropriate frequency and monitoring that COM (usually COM2); the looping audio "just happens" like it would in real life. Perhaps I'm crazy or misconfigured, but I'm not getting the same behavior in the 1.2 Corvalis.

In the Corvalis I have to hit 'contact ATC' and choose ATIS from the text menu, at which point I hear the audio. There are a couple problems with that:

1) It's unrealistic.

2) I'm a user of the PilotEdge ATC plugin, which remaps "contact ATC" to voice comms with ATC. If I want to fly with ATC, I'm not sure how I'm going to get the ATIS.

Maybe it's just late and I'm a doofus for missing something obvious.

Chris

Hello. New purchaser here, very impressed so far.

In other XP aircraft I'm accustomed to getting the ATIS/AWOS audio in flight by simply tuning the appropriate frequency and monitoring that COM (usually COM2); the looping audio "just happens" like it would in real life. Perhaps I'm crazy or misconfigured, but I'm not getting the same behavior in the 1.2 Corvalis.

In the Corvalis I have to hit 'contact ATC' and choose ATIS from the text menu, at which point I hear the audio. There are a couple problems with that:

1) It's unrealistic.

2) I'm a user of the PilotEdge ATC plugin, which remaps "contact ATC" to voice comms with ATC. If I want to fly with ATC, I'm not sure how I'm going to get the ATIS.

Maybe it's just late and I'm a doofus for missing something obvious.

Chris

Chris,

This will be fixed in the next update of the Corvalis (coming very soon).

Thanks for your business!

Jim