Approaches incomplete

danhenri

Hello,

I have an issue with the new version of the CRJ. When entering a star with a transition, the approach procedure displayed on the FMS is incomplete. See below, e. g., for star AMVAR, GOMET transition, on approach to LFLL.

I have the last update of Navigraph data (no problem with the same flight plan with the IXEG B733).

Thanks for your assistance,

Daniel.

Capture d’écran 2017-01-10 à 21.52.06.png

Capture d’écran 2017-01-10 à 21.57.18.png

Edited by danhenri

• 2 weeks later...

I see what you mean. LFLL has a very strange encoding for the STAR, where it lists the same trunk route twice for the L and R runways instead of listing the trunk once with a "B" for both runways, as is the standard. 

Unfortunately, this is due to how ARINC424 data is converted to the various file formats for the different FMSs, and these converters are done by Aerosoft and Navigraph. This is one of the many reasons why for X-Plane 11 I have changed that whole process and now support 424 directly and wrote the converter myself, instead of leaving that to Aerosoft and Navigraph, which eliminates the possibility to have different encodings of the same data. If you try the X-Plane 11 FMC, which uses my new data flow, it of course works correctly:
Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 14.20.10.png

For a future pure X-Plane 11 version of the CRJ, I will obviously use this new infrastructure. For the current CRJ, which still supports X-Plane 10, I cannot do this.

Edited by philipp

• 2 months later...

Hello Philipp,

I am now flying the CRJ with XP 11 (last update of course) and the issue I mentioned above is still there. I tested on the same airport (LFLL) and on another one, LFBO, which has 2 L and R runways too (as many airports actually...). And you may see that the STAR entered in the FMC is still incomplete. The STAR was SECHE 6S for the 14R (SURAS transition). All the waypoints between SECHE and SURAS are missing, and the altitude restrictions too.

I hope you'll find a solution.

Thanks for your work,

Daniel.

Capture d’écran 2017-04-21 à 19.13.57.png

Capture d’écran 2017-04-21 à 19.14.17.png

Edited by danhenri