Skymaxx Pro V4 Overcast/ Stratus Settings

Jes888

Hi everyone just wondering which out of the four Skymaxx pro v4 Stratus settings is the least taxing on fps?. I saw a video by Q8Pilot in which he says that dense particles are the most taxing on fps but when I am playing it seems that dense particles are the least taxing out of the lot, any advice would be much appriciated. Also does anyone know where the spare particles setting when it was in V3?

Hiya,

I used Sparse or Dense in v3, that was solely for my vision idea of clouds

I think/assume in v4 the Sparse option made way to allow the new HD option

In v4 i still do prefer Dense

If you read 'somewhere' as-in it'd take me alday to find it lol, i think Dense can spread out the cloud formation over a wider (higher draw radius) range maybe giving the appearence of better fps (or i might of had too much xmas merriment ! hehe)

A tip if you're on the edge of your rigs performance, drop all xp settings down low, choose your clouds to you liking, from that base start raising what you like to see xp-wise

Also, don't forget you can make presets in v3 and v4, do for eg : Max Mid and Low presets, and as the need arrises if it does, quickly switch from say a Max to a Mid

That way you really can get a great overall feeling of fluffiness

I think i did find the solid a bit 2d for my taste but watching plenty of pilot vids they see that type pretty often

And i'm sure the radius gets less or clouds get thinned out as v4 is coded to keep your fps up in tough/dense/taxing scarios (again, maybe too much xmas cheer lol)

I've got a decent rig and can't max 10 or 11, down to cpu being the weakest link now (5820k @ 4.7) so she's no slouch

Watch a way earlier Vid from Osamah, he explains what options uses which chip, a real insight into how you can bump clouds etc up

At the end of the day it simply boils down to two things, what your rig can do eye-candy wise, and what you're prepared to live with, sometimes like myself, it's finding a balance i can live with until Intel pull their finger out, or maybe what other goodies AMD have up their sleeve !!

Happy Holidays

Have Fun

Tony