Overcast represented?

Mikkel

Hi Skymaxx,

Out of curiousity, I wonder how Skymaxx and RWC represents overcast layers from metars? I very briefly tried loading the sim at an airport where the NOAA plug-in reported OVC but what I saw was some broken layer and no the overcast layer set in Skymaxx (and no, it isn't set to dense or sparse particles :-)).

If I get the time I will take some screenshots.

Best regards;
Mikkel

I was flying this morning around 3 to 4 o'clock am. . KOAK (Oakland ) was reporting ovc009, no other clouds specified on the metar. KSFO the same thing. Did change cloud representation to dense particles and the only thing I saw in the sky was few clouds, metar was updated. Used xnoaa with Ventura sky and then swapped  to fsgrw and no change at all. Skymaxx is awesome but unfortunately it doesn't represents overcast layers the way it was supposed to be. But I know it will , u guys put a lot of time on this product . Thanks for your dedication.w

Looking forward to new updates.

God bless you all.