X-Plane 10.50 and Windows Anniversary Update Conflict

Kyle Sanders

Curious if anyone here can help contribute to what exactly the problem is. Many are saying that it is a conflict with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Open GL.

I contacted laminar and they aren't taking me seriously, they are acting like I'm a new x-plane user and are trying to walking me though lowering my settings to get better FPS. They don't realize (and won't seem to "hear" me) that I have already had this working great until the Windows update.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/kb3176936-problem-with-gameplay-x-plane/c98f1bc4-61f4-4c73-bd47-e129953eb4c7

Some say they don't have issues until the graphics become a bit heavier of a load and others say there is no problem. It seems to be split 50/50.

Some have uninstalled the past couple windows updates and say it works better but still getting unstable FPS afterwards (58FPS and then drop down to about 19 back and forth).

Edited by Kyle Sanders

All users i have seen that experienced massive FPS performance loss from nowhere on the past few days, removed windows update KB3176938 and fixed their problem. This windows update is certainly causing problems to a lot of people. Once removed performance is rock solid back.

I can not tell whether this Microsoft update is buggy or it makes a laminar issue come alive. But reality is you remove it, and problem is fixed.

• 3 weeks later...