VIRTUAL AVIONICS - MCP 737-R with IXEG 737?

dornier

Hi,

Has anyone tried the virtual avionics MCP 737-R with IXEG 737?  I see Virtual Avionics updated their software to include X-plane and IXEG 737.  How does it work with IXEG 737?  Any functions that don't work with it?   What's your experience using it with IXEG?

Thanks,

George

Hi, me again :)

Their hardware looks pretty cool.  They also have some very nice features like their MCP back light intensity follows the aircraft mcp back light setting! Hopefully a product owner can share his feeling about the materials, quality, performance, etc.

Something that would concern me.. Seems there is not an app interface yet (provided by them or a third party) which allows creating your own profiles for supporting any aircraft of your interest. It seems you rely on them for adding support based on their priorities and time frames.

an example http://www.avsim.com/topic/490211-flight-factor-767/

The IXEG support has just been released, no issue there. But if you plan using the MCP for other aircraft such us the FF 757/767/777, Rotate MD80, FJS 732/727 etc, i would recommend getting in touch with them to understand:

-if their present va-interface plugin allows the user creating their own profiles for supporting any bird. If not...

-if they have any plans to release such a tool, by themselves or via a third party partnership that may be ongoing.

This could help for the decision.

On 8/27/2016 at 1:24 AM, mmerelles said:

Hi, me again :)

Their hardware looks pretty cool.  They also have some very nice features like their MCP back light intensity follows the aircraft mcp back light setting! Hopefully a product owner can share his feeling about the materials, quality, performance, etc.

Something that would concern me.. Seems there is not an app interface yet (provided by them or a third party) which allows creating your own profiles for supporting any aircraft of your interest. It seems you rely on them for adding support based on their priorities and time frames.

an example http://www.avsim.com/topic/490211-flight-factor-767/

The IXEG support has just been released, no issue there. But if you plan using the MCP for other aircraft such us the FF 757/767/777, Rotate MD80, FJS 732/727 etc, i would recommend getting in touch with them to understand:

-if their present va-interface plugin allows the user creating their own profiles for supporting any bird. If not...

-if they have any plans to release such a tool, by themselves or via a third party partnership that may be ongoing.

This could help for the decision.

Hi,

Yes, from what I can see, all of the MCP's available require support from the developers.  Goflight's MCP has third party software, but I think their MCP is dated now.  I almost purchased one, but without backlighting and realistic knobs, Virtual Avionics and possibly CPflight are my options now.  I wish they all would work with any aircraft, but I guess it's too much to ask from hardware today.  I just need one to work with IXEG's 737, PMDG 737 NGX and 777, Aerowinx PSX 10, and any Airbus (Airbus Extended or X, Jardesign's Airbus, etc) I choose to fly.  Sounds like a tall order for the current MCP options.

Thanks,

George