Missed APPs - Wrong Direction of Turn?

NoslenYL

Noticed that on a few missed approaches the FMS path doesn't quite match up with the missed approach instructions on the chart. An example would be the ILS 25L into KLAS, where the missed APP commands a climb to 3100 before turning right* direct BLD VORTAC and continue climbing in hold to 7000. But the FMS 1) shows a left turn and 2) the flight path has a "kink" in it instead of just going direct BLD?

KLAS ILS 25L - https://skyvector.com/files/tpp/1607/pdf/00662IL25L.PDF

Not sure if this is a bug or something also present on the real plane (ie the database doesn't have info about "direction" of turn, only the waypoints), in which case I'm assuming LNAV isn't used for missed APPs?

IMG_1727.JPG

Hi,

From what I understood in Tom's previous posts on a similar "issue" and from my own experience using this bird, the direct to will make you go to the waypoint by intercepting the "line" "position twhen the direct was initiated" - "targeted waypoint".

You can see a similar issue at KLAS, on the BOACH6 departure, runways 01. You will have the same kink instead of a "true" direct to. (A saw a topic on this not long ago)

From what I remember Tom stated that this portion of the code needs tweaking, not sure though, could be working as designed since the beginning.

Cheers,

Jonathan 

Edited by Jojo38000