N102AP, Virgin Islands Int'l Airways for LES DC3 1.1

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a livery-paint for the Leading Edge Simulations Douglas DC3/C47, painted by Leen "Flybike" de Jager

This paint depicts (more or less) the DC3, N102AP in the Virgin Islands International Airways livery.

The original model had wing-registration, due to the limitations of the texture-mapping of this model, this could not be reproduced. ( grrrrrrrrr..........!!)

This time I removed the (tiny) pilots from the cockpit.*

How to install:

Just unzip N102AP.zip in a temp folder, and start reading the Virgin Islands Readme First.PDF carefully.

*IF you want the pilots back in the cockpit simply remove file Pilot.png from the N102AP Virgin Islands/objects-folder.

Yes, removing a file to get something back, it sounds weird, but I am not kidding.

Enjoy

Leen de Jager

http://www.flybike-paints.nl

virgin.png

Previously published LES DC3/C47 liveries by Leen de Jager :

Flottilje 56S French Navy

Airborne-Imaging

Royal Australian Air Force

Fuerza Aerea Argentina

Quetzalcoatl = double-scheme livery <->

Classic Air/Alrodo = double-scheme livery <->

G-AMSV Air Atlantique anniversary 50th year Dakota

Braniff N25672

dc3collection.png

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• New version uploaded including corrected normal file for the wings.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

OK, I have computer skills that are about average for a flight simmer. You by contrast have obvious considerable skills.

So to text editing. I downloaded an app called launchpad because it is a free app (the others being 24 dollars etc). I open it and it is immediately clear that it is a whole program in its own right, and is way beyond my knowledge.

Can you not copy the object file, with permission, and alter it in the way you advise? and then post is as part of the livery.

This is the third time recently I have run into a text edit download, and if I cant deal with it, many other will be in the same boat.

And that is a pity because this looks like great work, as do your other liveries. But they are just no accessible to many of us.

A text editor is needed to change the text in some obj-files ( present in the Main_Objects-folder and NOT in the download) , according to the instruction PDF, to get the maximum profit of the coustom-made NML files.

Most modelers do not allow ( or do not appreciate ) painters to change their OBJ files.

Thats why I provide a very detailed , clear and simple instructionsheet , how to edit these files yourself.

Nothing special and extremely simple.

Opening and editing an OBJ file can be done with every computer wich is capable of making a text file.

There is a standard text editer in almost every Mac configuration.

Ask a Mac user for advise , I am a Windows-guy.

Many downloads (hundreds !!) are already done , you`re the second one to ask.

It really is not an issue.

Cheers

Leen