WIP 02 - The 3D Cockpit

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newsss news news!!

X-Aviation will only distribute and sell the CRJ-200. With his support the plane will be better, and have all the experience of doing good flight dynamics, good support, inmediate downloading.. and the same quality as his other products. There are so many good things comming from X-Aviation, as I have seen.. and X-aviation is going to became a strong reference on x-plane for sure.

The celebrating this, here comes the first render, with x-aviation logo. Still not info about the CRJ-200 there, but soon there will.

Because of this, somethings will change on www.jrollon.com The Forum will be moved to X-aviation with all the users inside. All the support of all my planes, will be there. Even the Texan and the Javelin. The Javelin will be still sell here, and all the updates will be here, as maybe othere future products. Who knows

39-Crj.jpg

Finally the 2 and a half week of hell-mapping is almost finish. Now comes the fun part. Painting.

In here shots, the Ambient shadows are baked. Not the normal shadows, because that would be strange. Then ambient shadows are the shadows that comes from a cloudy day. If x-plane in a future put projected shadows over the geometry, then it would be ok with this baked shadows.

So they are not as bright as the render ones, but this are real time screen captures. On movement they are nice.

Still lot of work to do... but visually things are going to change soon on the 3d cockpit.

44-Crj.jpg

45-Crj.jpg

My first intention.. was to make the hud like the Javelin.. but maybe I have problems with all the systems that I have to map.. so from now.. this version is without hud (I have seen CRJ-200 without it).. But if I see no problem putting a Hud.. then I will put inside, and of course will be retractable.

A soup of letters here:

50-Crj.jpg

It takes 6 hours to make this part.. I am going fast, because I make everyday 5-6 hours working on the project. There is no magic wand. If I didn't ask for the reduction of time on my job, I would still be on the external painting of the CRJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.. No problem X-Aviation will make the programming for the FMS. The Real one inside the CRJ.

Not only that.. but the systems inside the plane.

I am making now the animations of all the switches and buttons. Have already tested with manipulators and work like charm. You can handdle the plane with the mouse only. Of course is better to have an Joystick but is the best I have seen (this way of manipulate things inside the cockpit) I have ever seen on flight simulation.  Very intuitive and easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... there is no much visual advance on the plane. All are animations and planning custom datarefs for the plane. Studying the systems, etc.. I have just started with the upper pannel after finishing the central panel, and made some of the buttons... By night the cockpit starts to be cool (is going to be fun to iluminate it)... ;)

post-5-131369568472_thumb.jpg

All these exciting overhead panels and such that you have in your virtual cockpit will be accessible in the 2D panel, right? As beautiful as they are, I'm still not a fan of pressing buttons and switches in a virtual cockpit.

Nice Job... looks great!

Nils

All these exciting overhead panels and such that you have in your virtual cockpit will be accessible in the 2D panel, right? As beautiful as they are, I'm still not a fan of pressing buttons and switches in a virtual cockpit.

Nice Job... looks great!

Nils

Nils, if you install pilot view, you can define several camera positions, accesible with a key stroke. If you put those cameras perperdicular  to the panels, and tick the option to not move the camera, then you have an "2D" panel. You can have that on every plane, right now. On my Javelin, I put that option, for people that don't like 3D cockpits like you. I think is a good solution for all. But.. maybe there will be tipicla 2D panels as usual.  ;)

I hope these switches will have functions, not only look nice. But first get this plane out, you still can patch it in.  ;D

If you need an beta tester, just call me  :;)  ;D

Damn...i need something to erase my memory...so no more thinking about when this beauty will be available...  :-\