Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.4.5 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.4.5 update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. All customers who have purchased the CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.4.5 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

The new installer will detect whether this is a new install, or if you already have any CRJ-200 version installed. Depending on your current situation, the installer will run through the appropriate paths with you, including uninstalling all unnecessary items from the previous version!

Your liveries/downloaded paints will be safe in this process!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

- Added the English and German manual addendum PDFs, explaining the FMS differences to previous (pre-1.4) versions

- A slight change in the aircraft definition to make the engine start more realistic

- Missing fixes in the Windows version

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

To be honest, I don't see how the engine start is more realistic. There are two things that I feel could be greatly improved.

1. The engine start sounds cut out abruptly and are not in sync with the spool up.

2. The apu sounds like you are outside the plane.

I have modified these sounds to suit me, and after trying this update, I will continue to use my modified sounds. The one thing I can think of that would make this simulation even better is the Dream Engine sound that was developed by Dreamfoil Creations. I'm not complaining, this is a great product. And I know it will keep getting better.

Yes.. we were thinking of using the dream engine sound.. but first we have to ask.. and imagine if I paid a good money (big one!!!) for the sounds from turbine studios I cannot imagine how much can be pay for the engine of sounds.. glups!!!

To be honest, I don't see how the engine start is more realistic. There are two things that I feel could be greatly improved.

1. The engine start sounds cut out abruptly and are not in sync with the spool up.

2. The apu sounds like you are outside the plane.

I have modified these sounds to suit me, and after trying this update, I will continue to use my modified sounds. The one thing I can think of that would make this simulation even better is the Dream Engine sound that was developed by Dreamfoil Creations. I'm not complaining, this is a great product. And I know it will keep getting better.

I'm not sure where you got along that the sounds were changed. We're talking about flight model and aircraft definition changes to make the sequence/numbers of happening items more realistic.

The sounds have not been adjusted in months, nor were they announced as such. Glad to see you were able to adjust them to something that you personally like though! :)

I didn't think the sounds were changed. I was very tired when I made that post and I didn't put it very well. I was just saying that I didn't see what was different about the start up. And on another note, I was pointing out a couple of things that I thought would make the start up even better.

I thought it would be a violation of your copyright if I modified sound files and then shared them. All I did to the sounds was lower the amplitude on the APU sound so it wouldn't sound so loud. And I added a fade out to the start sounds and adjusted the length so that N1 was done spooling up when the sound file finished playing. I didn't get it perfect, but closer anyway. Probably not really worth sharing.

Hello guys,

I am trying to find where I purchased the CRJ from. I have looked at my accounts for .Org and X-aviation but the CRJ is not showing there. So i think that I bought it direct from the JRollon site. Is there any way to confirm this so that I can get the 1.4.5 update ? my name would have been registered as either Andrew Blake or Andy Blake.

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

For now we are only thinking in bug fixing. I don't know if the plane will be fully functional one day or not. My intentions is to do it.. but it can take years if it is possible to do it because Philipp has also other working projects.

We have talked about new features do do in future but still time has come to complete those features. will see.

For now there will be a long period (unless something changes) where the plane is going to be a 1.4.x version, where the .x will be the number of bug fixing done.. and maybe little improvements.

Edited by Japo32

• 2 weeks later...

Cameron, Javier: I tried to access the various updates CRJ200, but as Cameron say in emails, on my bill, I do not see any link to download the various updates that have been made, currently 1.4. 5. No it is because this impossibility, I put the direct link to my bill, if there is any solution. Thanks for the help

Cameron, Javier: I tried to access the various updates CRJ200, but as Cameron say in emails, on my bill, I do not see any link to download the various updates that have been made, currently 1.4. 5. No it is because this impossibility, I put the direct link to my bill, if there is any solution. Thanks for the help

Hi, there,

I'll look into this for you when I get back into the office tomorrow!

• 3 weeks later...

Japo that is a pitty to hear it. I would like to really encourage you to carry on with CRJ. To have one flagship - entirely perfect like FSX users have their PMDG 737. I hoped that one day you would finish this beautifull aircraft with "no red text in the manual". For me, it is better to have one 100% simulated aircraft then three 90%. But I respect your decission to keep going with other projects. Anyway thumbs up for you and a big thank for all what you have done for the x-plane community.