Speed bugs and FMC

vctpil

Just a quick question : Is the speed bug automatically set according to the FMS speed entry ? Or the bugs must be set manually ?

Check out this video from the man himself, you can skip to around 10 mins in for your answer.  I recommend going through the videos there if you weren't already busting to get your mitts on this :)

https://youtu.be/1Eq2k58Dvi8

Check out this video from the man himself, you can skip to around 10 mins in for your answer.  I recommend going through the videos there if you weren't already busting to get your mitts on this :)

https://youtu.be/1Eq2k58Dvi8

Just found it.

Sound very easy to set, not like the old wilco 737 or the BAe-146 for FSX.

This 737 sound to be a must have.

Thanks.

Ah, now I understand the question, it´s about the plastic speed-bugs, not about the orange speed cursor.

No, you must set them manually - just like in the real plane. We don´t want to teach you wrong habits. If you ever have to fly a real 737, I want you to be ready for it, and not sit there and wait for the plastic bugs to move to the correct speeds :P .

Jan

• Upvote 2

Ah, now I understand the question, it´s about the plastic speed-bugs, not about the orange speed cursor.

No, you must set them manually - just like in the real plane. We don´t want to teach you wrong habits. If you ever have to fly a real 737, I want you to be ready for it, and not sit there and wait for the plastic bugs to move to the correct speeds :P .

Jan

I was asking the question because the plastic speed-bugs was so difficult to set on FSX.

On the IXEG video, that sound very easy.

Thanks,

Vincent

We don´t want to teach you wrong habits. If you ever have to fly a real 737, I want you to be ready for it, and not sit there and wait for the plastic bugs to move to the correct speeds :P .

Jan

This is because I really love your work IXEG team...and the reason to buy your piece of art as soon as released!!

Jan...appreciated any new video just to allow newbye to fly correctly the Boeing beauty