Sign in to follow this  
captain57

[In Progress] Radio Button keys - Advise?

Hey gang,

I'm struggling with the radio buttons. Normally I would use my Saitek module, but the plugin doesn't play nice with Gizmo. I really struggle using the mouse drag process. So I figure I'll program some keys on my throttle quadrant. Not working yet. What to do you folks do?

Thanks.   :)

Those radios don't allow me to program keys apparently. Could use some advice. Mouse really doesn't work well for them.

You can assign buttons or keys to the frequency selectors.

I do not like the radio manipulators either... they take too much mouse movement to go up one... ended up taking 3 min to tune the ADF.

Perhaps a change in a future update or hotfix? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7KuhfIelU

Just so we're on the same page here.  The radio  manipulators are a "drag and hold" type. They will increment as long as you "HOLD".

Just so we're on the same page here.  The radio  manipulators are a "drag and hold" type. They will increment as long as you "HOLD".

Ah!  That makes sense now.

I should start reading the whole manual I guess.

• Upvote 1

Yep. I got the drag and hold for the mouse. I'm trying to program a button to do Active COM1 COARSE UP or DOWN. Or Standby COM1 FINE UP or DOWN.  I'm thinking the Gizmo overrides those keys.  Any work arounds is what I'm looking for. thanks again.

Yep. I got the drag and hold for the mouse. I'm trying to program a button to do Active COM1 COARSE UP or DOWN. Or Standby COM1 FINE UP or DOWN.  I'm thinking the Gizmo overrides those keys.  Any work arounds is what I'm looking for. thanks again.

You cannot use those!  You need to assign the custom commands from the Saab.

How do I do that? (feeling a bit dumb). Thanks for your patience.

Button & Key.pdf

Note:  This is an example of the PL latches but the same principles apply to any other commands.

Edited by JGregory