Carenado F33A Bonanza?

sichars1968

Hi

I am contemplating buying the Carenado Bonanza and I wanted to know people's opinion of this aircraft in XP10?

I have the LES Duchess and the X-Scenery MU-2 which are both excellent in my opinion. Obviously eagerly awaiting the new version of Tom's MU-2. I want a really good single GA aircraft and I have heard good things about the Bonanza, I just want confirmation that it is okay in version 10, or if anyone has any other suggestions for a really good single GA.

Many thanks

Simon

I do not own the bonanza but I do have the Cessna 152 ,172 and the ArcherII for Xplane and The Mooney for FSX They are all well done aircraft The Cessna 152 II being my favorite out of the bunch , If you are looking for a great single GA aircraft with some performance though I would recomend Toms Falco . This is my favorite sim aircraft that I have ever flown . Its only $18.00 and available here at Xaviation . I believe Tom has some future updates planned for it to .

Larry

Edited by larjeet

I've got it, and I really like it. Maybe this video may be of help for your decision too?

I'm no hardcore simmer digging into tons of system simulation and all, but I'm learning more and more, slowly, one step at a time. If there's one thing I can kick on now is that the 3D shadows in XP10 doesn't look so good when you're in the cockpit. Flickers a lot.

Edited by OlaHaldor

She, like all Carenado's planes flies like a dream and I have the whole set. Feels a bit heavier than some other aircraft in particular on landing. If you havent bought yet think about the latest edition-the C185F Skywagon. It is very different from the rest being a taildragger but one where you can see the runway and although a heavy plane it's practically STOL & a Beaut to race around small mountain airstrips in--a very responsive aircraft once you've mastered her--& thats not difficult.

Thank you everyone for your valuable advice.

I went ahead and purchased the Bonanza and I am very pleased with it. You nearly swayed me Larry as regards Tom's Falco, but I think I will wait and see what improvements are made before taking the plunge on that one, although it looks very good as is.

It will be good to see the developers making improvements to the aircraft in XP10 when things stabilise, and even better when new XP10 aircraft start to be released.

Kind regards

Simon

Thank you. :)

I see no point in making videos of a 10 minute approach and only 5 seconds of the juicy stuff: the landing. I like to make it more like what people are used to see everywhere else, like in film and TV.

This one is becoming a new favorite for sure. I like how it handles during descend and landing.

Hi All

I have been doing a fair bit of flying in the Bonanza, and it is really good, I agree with you Ola very good on descent and landing. I do find it rather over-sensitive to cross-wind on the ground, full rudder hardly holding the centreline on takeoff. Also it is strange that you don't have to trim the ailerons that much, then all of a sudden it starts to bank and no matter how much trim I apply I can't stop it banking. This may be due to the differential in the fuel tanks, this gives me the cue to change to the other tank, but it seems a little over-done to me. Any real world pilots view here would be most welcome.

I have over the last day or so gone back to the Duchess and the Mu-2 to compare them with my relatively new experience with the Bonanza, and I have to say the Duchess and the Mu-2 are in my opinion that bit more on the money, they just feel better. Also they give me about 5-10 fps more than the Bonanza which is a big factor with XP10.

As I said before it will be good when the developers of these aircraft can up-date these aircraft to XP10, and take advantage of what the new platform offers(I am really looking forward to Tom's impending upgrade for the Mu-2).

Cheers

Simon

All of Carenados planes have the same fault (& I think it is a fault) of being over sensitive to wind on the ground. I have the whole collection and fly them a great deal in particular the new addition C185 at the moment as it has just come out & like the rest it's one brilliant flier (fantastic planes to practice the fundementals of navigation too). However being a heavy plane it i still becomes unresponsive to steering with winds over 6-10 knts whilst on the ground--above that forget flying unless you can get off from the verge facing the wind. Once airbourne however they all handle wind/turbulence really well (and I fly the desert around KEDW a lot where high winds & turbulence are a daily feature-real time weather.) They land well in cross winds until they start to slow down when the over sensitivity to wind takes over big time again. Carenado needs to sort it.

All the Carenado's tend to eat a bit of fps--other really nice planes that seem to eat the least are Jasons Chandlers AIR.C74.NET

Edited by edwin