Print744

DC3 download and installation

15 posts in this topic

Late-2011 15" MacBook Pro, XP10.51r2

I run the installer from the Finder> Downloads, the X-Aviation splash screen appears then is replaced by the message "There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt file."

I've restarted the computer, deleted and redownloaded the file, but I get the same result every time I try to run the installer.

Ideas?

Edited by Print744

From what I recall, Mac's cannot unzip packages without messing them up somehow.  Try this

Post back and let us know how you go.

Nope, no joy. I made Unarchiver the default .zip application and put Winzip (temporarily) in the Trash, redownloaded, same result. It's only with X-Aviation products that this has ever occurred, other .zip files open just fine.

Edited by Print744

FWIW, I downloaded 4 other .zip apps and have the exact same result each time I try to unzip the DC-3 file.

I've only had 1 other case of this happening, that I know of.  Definitely unusual.  We'll get you straightened out.  

Same problem still here too - and I installed SMP last week with no problems... I wonder if the distribution needs a rebuild at yr end?

We're getting into an area where I have no control.  Installers and activation's are to be handled using the X Aviation contact page, which can be found at the link I provided.  

thanks for responding - I already logged problem as per the link this morning - no response so far

Ticket #ZBJCA and Ticket #PLSFF - sorry didn't realise email also created a ticket....

Hi

This from the system log - otherwise I can't see any other messages..

May 20 09:43:31 Dom-Henrys-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.bitrock.appinstaller.21896[11541]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
May 20 09:43:41 Dom-Henrys-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.quicklook[11559]): Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.quicklook

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 9.52.21 am.png