Autopilot auto disconneting any altitude mode

I encountered the weirdest thing. The autopilot of IXEG would not enable me to engange Vnav, ALT hold, VS or any of the altitude modes. Im am lost to why. Never has happend to me before, Maybe its just one of those days. Anyway whenever it disengaged the first A/P warning light would flash amber. Anyone have any ideas?

2 hours ago, poodster said:

One possibility I have is that your null zone setting is too low. If the plane senses any movement in the yoke, the autopilot disengages. Check your null zone and possibly increase it a little it. 

My null zone setting is at 15% or so I think (not by my computer ). Does the auto pilot not work if any inputs are on the stick? I'm thinking it might be a calibration error with my joystick. I'll try recalibration but if anyone has any ideas please post them. Further info, I did 2 flights previous to it messing up today, all was smooth but I didn't restart between flights. Might be something to do with that? 

There is a CWS nullzone slider on the ixeg preferences left screen menu, move it full to the right just to be sure. This will prevent the a/p from disengaging as well as several modes refusing to engage if you joystick potentiometers are sending noise. The aircraft systems "think" the pilot is moving the controls manually on purpose to override the systems.

If you still have issues i would recommend you attach some screen captures or a video for us to see what is going on.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

There is a CWS nullzone slider on the ixeg preferences left screen menu, move it full to the right just to be sure. This will prevent the a/p from disengaging as well as several modes refusing to engage if you joystick potentiometers are sending noise. The aircraft systems "think" the pilot is moving the controls manually on purpose to override the systems.

If you still have issues i would recommend you attach some screen captures or a video for us to see what is going on.

Alright thanks for the suggestions. As I'm not on my computer as of now I can't test yet but I'll test it when I can and send you guys the results. I'll try attaching some screen caps. Thanks guys 

EDIT: 

Not my screen caps but It seems someone else had the same issue, note that for me it happen right from takeoff, this is with ap a enabled, and V Nav pressed, but all altitude settings result in the same. A disconnect of the mode and flashing amber light 

img.jpg

Edited by Adolfin

52 minutes ago, Adolfin said:

My null zone setting is at 15% or so I think (not by my computer ). Does the auto pilot not work if any inputs are on the stick? I'm thinking it might be a calibration error with my joystick. I'll try recalibration but if anyone has any ideas please post them. Further info, I did 2 flights previous to it messing up today, all was smooth but I didn't restart between flights. Might be something to do with that? 

mmerelles is right. Your joystick seems to be sending noise to the plane. The autopilot will not work if there are any inputs on the stick.