Ned

G530 not working in Saab 340A 1.3

I have the 340A 1.3.After startup I get the attached message when I try to turn the Garmin 530 on.This occurs whether I do cold and dark or auto start.I have other aircraft with the Garmin 530 and they work fine.I do note that in the other aircraft the Garmin comes on at engine start and does not require being turned on.

GizmoLog.txt

LES_Saab_340A_1.png

Ned,

Can you confirm that you have the following file (cycle_info.txt) in your X-Plane folder....

X-Plane/Resources/GNS430/navdata/cycle_info.txt

Ned,

Sounds like there is a problem with your X-Plane installation.  You should run the X-Plane installer and it will update anything that is missing (make sure you DO NOT choose the checkbox for beta (unless you want to upgrade to 10.5 beta).

Let me know how that works.

When this problem started, I went to request another download but my time had expired.I have requested a reset. I understand that this takes time, but as of today it has not been reset.This is not a complaint just that maybe a new download might solve the problem.

I am sorry to be so dumb, but when I go to X-Plane and click on about it tells me that I am up to date;how do I run the installer anyway

The installer is running. I will need to leave it running now and check it after finish. Will look for 430 info first and then open the Saab. May be tomorrow before I get back with you. Thanks for your patience and help. 

I am not sure if this help... but I had the same problem with X-Plane 11. I ran multiple time the installer and the GNS430 folder was never created in Ressource folder. I copied the GNS430 folder from x-plane 10 to x-plane 11 resource folder... and it works like a charm now.