About This File
I made this LUA-script for randomly enable the built-in IXEG failures.
The script enables the built-in IXEG failures + engine fire, engine failure and oil pumps.
Have your QRH ready.
Available failures by IXEG.
The script activates when your GroundSpeed is higher then 40 knots.
Settings: (edit the IXEG_Failures.lua)
-- Here you set if the failures should be default enabled or disabled when your starting up X-Plane.
-- Set true to enable failures, false to disable. Default is true. true and false have to be written with lowercase letters.
EnableFailures_WizVar = true
-- Mean time between failures (MTBF) is the predicted elapsed time between inherent failures of a system during operation.
-- Default is MTBF_hours = 10.0. See further down for of a example of MTBF set to 10 hours.
MTBF_hours = 10.0
-- Max simultaneous failures pr session
-- Default is Max_Failures = 2 -- The highest numbers of failures is 27 -- setting above this can crash x-plane
Max_Failures = 2
-- Set the level of failures you want.
-- 1 = Minor failures, 2 = Minor and Major failures, 3 Minor, Major and Critical failures.
FailureSeverity = 3
How to enable or disable failures (for the session) with FlywithLua menu.
This graph shows a example how often you can expect a failure when you set the MTBF to 10 hours.
- You need FlyWithLua installed -
- Tested on X-Plane 11 with Windows 10.
- Simply place the script in [X-Plane]\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts
Every failure is logged. You can find the logfile in your X-Plane root folder. The logfile is called IXEG_Failures.log
Here is a sample of the logfile.
- None. But please report if you find one
For support please visit: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11350-lua-script-randomly-enables-ixeg-failures/
What's New in Version 0.111 See changelog
- Changed the "Chance of failure" to a MTBF logic.
- Added a new setting, Failure Severity. 1 = Minor failures, 2 = Minor and Major failures, 3 Minor, Major and Critical failures.
- Made variables and datarefs unique to avoide conflict with other lua scripts.
- You can now enable or disable the script with FlyWithLua menu.
- You can now only get one type of hydraulic leak pr system. Example: You cannot get a fast leak and then a slow leak on system A.
- You can now only get one type of failure pr engine. Failures available is engine fire or engine failure.
- Bug fix: The same failure will not be triggered twice.
- Added failures for oil pumps
- Changed the logging system. Every failure will be logged in [X-Plane]\IXEG_Failures.log
- Fixed the slow leak failure for system B.
- Engine flameout failure is changed with engine failure.
- Removed smoke in cockpit failure
- Minor update.
- Improved logging to [X-Plane]\Log.txt. You can now see how long since takeoff the failure happend.
- The script will stop when pausing X-Plane. (And continue again when resuming after the pause).
- Minor tweaks.
- When a failure occure it will write the event in the [X-Plane]\Log.txt.
- Some minor tweaks.