Scenery Conversion Problem

Oliver

Hi all,

I recently got Paris LFPG scenery by Aerosoft, we already have BEAUTIFUL scenery by Beber but the thing I liked about the Aerosoft one is all the little detailed signs the realistic runway textures and the extra degree of realism, here's the problem. When I converted the scenery everything went well except for one thing. The taxiways are not there. The textures for the taxiways are there but when you taxi on them it's just grass beneath them, the alternative I tried taking is placing asphalt with Overlay Editor under the taxiway textures, but all that does is place the asphalt and make the taxiway textures invisible. Grr it's been pissing me off because I've wanted to fly in and out of Paris as it is my favorite airport. I'm running X-plane 9.60. My specs are 2.66GHZ Quad Core with 8GB DDR3 RAM, and an 9500GT with 1GB Video Ram. Any help is appreciated  :)

Go into overlay editor and select the object for the taxiways and runways. (there may be several objects, all for different colors of asphalt and concrete). Write down the name of all of the objects. Find objects in the objects folder within the scenery. Open the objects in text edit on the mac or some other script editing software. scroll down near the bottom of the script for the object. There should be several lines starting with "ATTR_", at the end of those, type in "ATTR_hard". Do that on all of the objects for the taxiways and runways. When in the "select global airport" window, it will not show the taxiways and runways but in the sim at the airport, it will be a hard surface, no bumping around and all. I convert MSFS scenery a lot and I get this problem often so I have it figured out.

Thanks, Jared.

Go into overlay editor and select the object for the taxiways and runways. (there may be several objects, all for different colors of asphalt and concrete). Write down the name of all of the objects. Find objects in the objects folder within the scenery. Open the objects in text edit on the mac or some other script editing software. scroll down near the bottom of the script for the object. There should be several lines starting with "ATTR_", at the end of those, type in "ATTR_hard". Do that on all of the objects for the taxiways and runways. When in the "select global airport" window, it will not show the taxiways and runways but in the sim at the airport, it will be a hard surface, no bumping around and all. I convert MSFS scenery a lot and I get this problem often so I have it figured out.

Thanks, Jared.

Thanks so much! Gonna try it right now!

I've never heard of that not working, it works every time for me without a problem. Could you take a screen shot of the script where you put in ATTR_hard or just copy and paste that part. Did you remember to save the file with the same name? Did you get the right objects? did you get all of them?

• 2 weeks later...

Pilotman, did you try the XPFR.org version of LFPG ? it's native x-plane scenery, and it's a masterpiece in my opinion (and the frame-rate hit will be a lot less, since you don't have 5000 split objects...)

Yup already had it, I got Aerosoft LFPG to work, the thing I like about it the little detail that make the scenery, like the Concorde the taxiway signs, the fences, the Terminals being more realistic. the XPFR one is beautiful, but imo the Aerosoft LFPG has that bit more of detail that I like  :)

• 4 years later...