Need help with joystick and X-Plane 9 on Mac

MannyS

Hi fellas,

New here. I installed the X-Plane demo and connected a Logitech Attack 3 joystick to my MacBook. My Mac's USB device tree shows it has recognized the joystick. However, when I am on the X-Plane 9 "joystick and equipment" setup page, and I move the joystick around, nothing happens on the bars that are supposed to move. Does this mean my joystick will not work on my Mac, or is there a tweak I need to do? Can someone help? Thanks so much!!

Hi MannyS, and welcome to our forum.

I don't have that joystick, so I can't say much about it. If X-Plane doesn't recognize it, I wouldn't know what to do to make it work, but perhaps others do. But let's make sure it's configured right first. So if you don't mind, I'll ask a few questions just to make sure it's all as it should be. First, are you referring to the bars on the page in the picture below? None of the bars show any movement when you move your joystick in either column? What does it do when you click "Calibrate Joystick Hardware"? Also, since you are on a demo, note that the demo version ignores joystick input after ten minutes, so perhaps that is the issue. Restart X-Plane and try to set it up right after launch. I'm sorry I can't help more than that.

post-1127-131369583813_thumb.png