quick upgrade question

Apacheuk

OK so I think its time to upgrade.... but I'm on a budget.

I'm only recently getting back into flight sims having purchased x-plane 10 64bit a couple of months ago.... love flying the DC-3

I currently have a pretty old AMD athlon with 4gb of ram, this is hooked up to an ATI HD7950 3gb.

I'm thinking of replacing the memory/motherboard and CPU and I'm considering this

http://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/overclocked-custom-gaming-hardware-bundle-z97oc10

I also have trackIR and dual monitors, I'm hoping the graphics card will still be good enough to run X-plane with decent visuals with this combo and eventually I'll replce it for something better

thoughts?

Edited by Apacheuk

See what I got back on my question in the thread above.  From what I've learned today, you are on the right track.  My current 2003 off the shelf rig was ordered blind on the phone with no knowledge and it served well on FS 2004 until about a year ago.

I also like the DC-3 and prefer "low and slow" vs. X-15 any day.  A2A Piper Cub might be an addon in the future if I can get something that will work.  Plan to keep my FS9 for sure. 

Only responded as you looked lonely with no responces.  See what I got and best wishes.

Charley (Vietnam Vet.)