PREVIEW: X-Plane 10 HD Mesh Scenery v3 (region: European Alps)

alpilotx

Just to shorten the long wait until the release, I have again a "few" (76 to be correct) PREVIEW screenshots taken around the European Alps (Northern Italy, Western Austria, parts of Switzerland and a tiny bit of Southern Germany). These pictures are already very close to the final release (for example they should show some decent improvements in forest representation etc.), and are only missing latest OSM data.

c4_28.jpg

c4_34.jpg

Typhoon_22.jpg

Typhoon_44.jpg

Typhoon_4.jpg

Typhoon_17.jpg

Typhoon_77.jpg

Typhoon_35.jpg

You can see all 76 screenshots here:

By the way, the current status is: OSM import has been finished (it should definitely contain all data added until 10th of October), phase 1 of OSM filtering and preparation has been finished, at the moment the data is translated to be used in the scenery generator, and in a few days the final (but lengthy - many weeks!) phase of scenery file generation will start.

• Upvote 13

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your work, I've been a fan since V1. Is there a chance to include the azores in V3?

José

Sorry, but now I am in the middle of "creating" the scenery (which takes about 1000 hours and 6 cores to run almost continuously with the backing of 64GB RAM) and at this point I will (and can't) definitely not change anything about the current release ...

But maybe I will have some thoughts on the Azores in the future (usually the crucial point is: the availability of the right data, in the right quality, and with some "right" parameters).