Saitek TPM switches as... switches

Julien Pham

Hi,

Can someone advice me how to use the SAITEK programming software to use the switches of my TPM as... switches?

I guess this has something to do like "when button is pressed" do that command and "when it is depressed" do that other command, as for instance the first switch is button 1 on when it is down, and button 1 off when it is up, but unsure exactly how to program this...

Or, except if there is a better way to do this, just inside x-plane with plugins?

Thanks

Edited by Julien Pham

Yes this is how it works. The first switch, for instance, is G1. Down position means button G1 pressed, Up position means button G1 released.

Of course it does not mean the G1 button is pressed several time, just once.

What do you mean by a "fix"? A fix for what?

The ideal would be a plugin for x-plane that initialized the current position of the button at start then behaves like a switch, unsure how to do this.

I have found a way to use it with the saitek software though, like "hit that key when button is pressed", then this one when it is released, didn't try it with x-plane though... but I guess it could work.

"Fix," is just meant as a solution to the issue you were describing. My plan was to dissect the Switch Panel plug in for X-Plane and try to implement something from that. I however have not had the time to try that hypothesis. 

I think you are on the correct path though. 

I can't create a plugin myself though, I have not the knowledge for that, I'll just use the saitek software. If you could create an x-plane plugin, I'll use it. Too bad the switch panel plugin does not handle this TPM.

The only issue with the saitek software is that when x-plane is launched it does not initialize the switches. So for instance if the switch I use for the light is in the off position, and the plane starts with light on, it will stays on, until I put the light switch to on then off again.

So maybe what I'll have to do is move all switches off/on (or on/off) before the flight...