Starting your own business

Oliver

Hi everyone,

I wanted to create this thread that is non related to X-Plane to see how many members on the forum had started their own businesses. Business and aviation are two of my passions that I've decided to take into full effort. Next year I will be taking a leap of faith to create my second business that will mainly focus on selling and delivering airplanes. We will focus on the entire process from searching for a plane up until the new owner has the keys and the plane in his hands.

This will be my second venture as my first is a website essentially dedicated to providing clients with an extremely simple and easy way to find an attorney for their DUI and traffic ticket needs. We launched a month ago and have received some pretty good traffic and exposure thus far. Obviously it's still in its infancy stage but it's definitely a good feeling to start your own business and watch it grow after the sleepless nights of work put into it. I dropped out of college to pursue this passion as well as my passion for aviation. 

My decision to drop out of college was a very strong one for me to make, yet I felt that in this economy, spending $80k+ on a "regular" education. I was doing my flight training prior to entering college and stopped after I started college. After only 2 semesters, I realized that I couldn't continue. I decided to drop out and pursue my passion for flight and ultimately get all my licenses to start my plane brokering and ferry flight company. So far we've received quite a bit of interest on it, and I will be tackling the project with a friend who's wife is the VP of one of the largest flight schools in the world. Aviation is such a small world that I believe with the right connections, we'd be able to land enough contracts to make a quite successful business. Nonetheless, while I'm writing the business plan and the framework for this company, I'm moving forward with my flight training as well as my attorney business.

If anyone is more interested in my attorney business, I've included the link below. If you receive a ticket or a DUI you can basically email us and we can research and find you an attorney anywhere in the country. We also are building our own attorney directory with very clean and easy profiles. When I built the site, my main focus was the sheer simplicity. I had visited so many poorly designed sites that made it so complicated to find the right attorney in your area. It requires less than 3 clicks from the time you're on our home page to the time you can be on the phone with an attorney. I also worked tirelessly to make it fully mobile optimized so that a user could be pulled over on the side of the road and already be on the phone with an attorney that can help them.

So my question is this, how many of you have started and now run your own businesses? 

Olivier C.

Site: www.DriverDefense.com

Edited by Oliver