Trim Preset

ejbnorfolk

Is there a way to assign a keystroke to a trim preset?

I'm a GA pilot and use preset markers on my trim indicator for take off and approach.

Setting the trim in x-plane is often very dificult because the trim indicator, if there is one, is not visible when looking outside of the plane. That's expecially true of single screen systems.

I'd like to set a trim position for power off approach and one for Vy takeoff speeds. That way, I could let go of my joystick completely and the plane would assume the correct airspeed.

Thanks

Ed Baker

you can reset the trim to the take off position

go to menu->settings->joystick & equipment

a.  if you want to assign the take off trim to a joystick button, then clic the tab "buttons adv" then

over the right panel clic flight_controls->pitch_trim_takeoff, then clic the desired joystick button and you are done

b. if you want to assign the take off trim to a key, then clic the tab "keys" then

over the right panel clic add new key assignment, press the desired key, then over the right panel clic flight_controls->pitch_trim_takeoff to associate

You can also assing trim_up and trim_down to joystick or keys. So no mather where you are looking at, clicking trip up or trim down works just like in real planes. Same procedure described above. Just look for pitch_trim_up or pitch_trim_down.

I think there is no way to pre assign "pre set custom trim positions" to a button or a key. Maybe someone else can clarify.

hope this helps

Edited by mmerelles