First flight in Mykonos

Steve

Nice video, what do you think of the scenery?

I like it a lot, but was slightly disappointed that building placement is only really on the Western side of the Island, and the location of the Aegean A320 on the ramp felt unnatural, so I moved it on OE. Otherwise, everything is great, with some high-quality models and textures, loads of detail, and nice photo underlay!

Thanks!! I don't have yet enought time to test everything but in my first look is all as you say... yeah, I liked it pretty well in my first tests with enough details, houses, windmills, the airport is small but quite well done, landscapes and beaches seem quite realistics, I like but I have to try it more ...   :)

Thanks a lot guys! Fantastic video and flying!

I would like to address the 2 things that jigglyb2 mentioned. The placement of the A320 was done after a lot of research. This "big" aircraft (for Mykonos they are big!) normally park at this location. The reason is that these aircrafts (and specially normal flights like Aegean) are just disembarking and embarking passengers and leave the airport is generally short times. That locations allows other aircrafts (like biz-jets) to maneuver and park to more permanent positions, specially during summer when traffic is heavier.

About the building placement, one of our major concerns was to make this scenery package as frame-rate friendly as possible, without to sacrifice to the whole experience. And this to almost the whole range of computer specs. Some technical stuff. The buildings are "instancing-friendly" as possible. That means that the most video cards can render a lot of objects without significant penalty on frame rates. So, we choose to represent almost to a scale of 1:1 the buildings around the airport and the nearby town/villages, but still maintain a safe performance margin. Now, if the reality shows that that margin (or headroom) is quite big, we might add more buildings in a future update/upgrade.

Hi Airfighter, thanks for addressing my thoughts!

As for the A320, I see now why it was placed there so I've removed it altogether, as I'm an A320 simmer myself and so could use the spot!

I found that the scenery only really stuttered on my machine when looking directly at the town, so personally I'd like to see some more buildings scattered around! I do have quite a powerful machine though so that probably won't apply to everyone.

One more thing I noticed was that the PAPI lighting is functional on only one runway direction - while I like the models you added for the other side, I'd like to have been given the option to land there with PAPIs available. (Though, Me being me, I just edited them on myself). What reason is there for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk