Icing problem

While flying in the northern US states I noticed that the plane is hardly to controll handflown after I switch autopilot off on approach. One time it was so hard that I crashed and XP told me something like "your plane has build up ice. Avoid staying in the clouds...".

I had all my anti ice equipment running, so what would be the real world solution? I remember Northwest Airlink operated the Jetstream during winter time and I can't imagine they have cancelled all flights in icing conditions.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Edited by Ralf Maylin

While flying in the northern US states I noticed that the plane is hardly to controll handflown after I switch autopilot off on approach. One time it was so hard that I crashed and XP told me something like "your plane has build up ice. Avoid staying in the clouds...". I had all my anti ice equipment running, so what would be the real world solution? I remember Northwest Airlink operated the Jetstream during winter time and I can't imagine they have cancelled all flights in icing conditions. Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

NO real world aircraft is 100% ICE proof, Old mother nature will win in the end! Simulations are the same, and anti-ice equipment will only help up to a point.

Unfortunately X-Plane 10's interpritation of "Real Wx" is still a work in progress, and it is getting better. But at the moment it's rate of ice buildup is a little on the wild side.

So for the time being, do what it says and "Avoid staying in the clouds..for prolonged periods." try changing ALT or going around the heavy build up areas, and use the anti ice to buy you some time.

cessna729.

• Upvote 1