rasterTool help

mtaxp

I figures things out but im still stuck with another issue,when converting DSF2TEXT it does not provide me a .txt.elevation.raw file which as I understood is necessary...any suggestions?

Hmmm ... I think you should get everything needed (at least as an example) if you do convert a default mesh DSF to TXT ... In that case dsf2txt usually also spits out the different raw files. And then you see what it expects when you do it the other way around (text to dsf).

Hmmm ... I think you should get everything needed (at least as an example) if you do convert a default mesh DSF to TXT ... In that case dsf2txt usually also spits out the different raw files. And then you see what it expects when you do it the other way around (text to dsf).

well this my problem here,it doesn't create those raw files...

well this my problem here,it doesn't create those raw files...

Then something might be wrong ... because usually it does ... Like for example when you do "DSFTool -dsf2text +57+011.dsf +57+011.txt", then you should get 3 files:

• +57+011.txt
  • +57+011.txt.elevation.raw
  • +57+011.txt.sea_level.raw

Oh, and please remember, that the DSF is usually implicitly 7zip-ed ... so, decompressing it beforehand might help (hmmm, but newer DSFTool versions should - as far as I know - do the decompressing on their own)!

Edited by alpilotx

Well,now another error :(

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "rasterTool", line 331, in <module>    tileSouth  = float(mat1.group(1))AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

I run rasterTool via CMD and that's the path that im entering:

C:\Users\User\Downloads\Slope>c:\python27\python.exe rasterTool -m +32+034.txt 32.030 32.075 34.789 34.793 

The RAW files are in the exact position as it mentioned in the TXT file...

Edited by mtaxp

• 1 month later...

I posted this over on the other forum, I am getting the same AttributeError when running rastertool under both Python 2.6.2 and 2.7.6 on Win 7 64 bit.  I've sent a message to Y-man.  The error seems to be basically indicating that rastertool could not identify any elevation vertex's within the area defined.  I'll let you know what Y-Man's response is - unless you've managed to fix it?  In which case please, please let me know what you did to make it work!!1

ed

I sent Y-MAN a messgae in the org and he did the mesh fix for me as i didn't solve the problem with raster toll on my hardaware,but the bottom line is the the mesh was fixed thanks to him :)

BTW it seems a rasterTool bug with win7 64bit,im using it also,and for Y-MAN (linux i think but not windows for sure) all is ok.

Edited by mtaxp

• 3 weeks later...

I've worked through the above noted bug - it is related to the decompiled (txt) dsf - there are two lines at the very end of the text file relating to the location of the elevation.raw and sea.elevation.raw images.  By default, DSF2TEXT will write the full path to them into the text file - which can lead to problems.  Open up the text file, and remove the full path information, leaving only the file name.

The other bug I've run into is that the script cannot rename the original .raw file to .raw.bak  This is occuring (under Win7) because the file is already open, and Windows OS will not permit a rename to occur when a file is open.  Workaround is this:

In the section def backupOrigRenNew(origFile): (line 140 in the script);

comment out (#) line 146:  os.rename(origFile, origFile+suffix)

The script is now run-able.  You will get another error message when it tries to rename the elevation.raw.MOD file - but it has written the new elevations in.  You will have to manually remove the .MOD from the new one written. (Delete / move the original first.)

I've just finished editing an airfield's elevations (sloped runways) and gotten it perfect.  Took more than 450 elevation points, and multiple passes to tweak stuff, but it's right now.

ed