C400 - Corvalis...

jcomm

I've seen it and even downloaded the PDF Manual - very comprehensive :-)

Questions:

1) How good is this aircraft model compared to the one now included as a default X-Plane 10 aircraft?

2) Have the flight dynamics been tuned to get realistic performance, including prop effects?

3) I believe this is a 64-bit ready aircraft, correct?

I've seen it and even downloaded the PDF Manual - very comprehensive :-)

Questions:

1) How good is this aircraft model compared to the one now included as a default X-Plane 10 aircraft?

2) Have the flight dynamics been tuned to get realistic performance, including prop effects?

3) I believe this is a 64-bit ready aircraft, correct?

1) The default X-Plane 10 aircraft has just a fake G1000. The payware has a G1000 that works like the real thing (albeit with reduced functions) and is the ONLY X-Plane aircraft with a terrain view on its moving map.

2) In my review I was able to fly by the numbers given in the manual. What do you mean by prop effects? You can change prop settings and it affects performance, of course.

3) It is 64 bit ONLY.

Summary: Highly recommended.

• Upvote 2

Thx Mario and mj!

It looks like a good candidate for my hangar :-)

Yes I was referring to the "torque bug" in X-Plane 10 and to the fact that there is a overdone roll tendency, rather than yaw...

I don't think that's a real bug, but also I don't know if this torque dataref (where you can adjust torque with) was already known in 2010 when this bird came out. I don't think it's any special in this regard compared to other planes. However, I just use aileron trim to counter that.

Edited by Mario Donick