Blue Horizon... what happened?

Colin S

For a long time, BHI was sort of a source of beautiful X-Plane aircraft that I could find nowhere else, the legitimacy of which I questioned. Now heir website is gone and has been replaced with an "effective immediately" notice. What happened?

What was BHI anyways? I have never been a virtual airline kind of guy, more into scenery development than commitment to and airline... anyways, if anyone knows, post it here. I can't find any articles on any websites about BHI vanishing into thin air.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

This is a very late response, but I may shed a little light.

I was with them in January, and it was running great. Then I quit them and Join FedEx. Later, I get an email from the COO to all pilots :

"Gentlemen, You are receiving this email because you are listed in the VAFS Pilot list for BHI. As you have notice that James Slaughter has shut down BHI without giving any notice to his members. I feel this was unfair for the Administration to just go ahead and shut it down. I'm willing to reopen BHI with new management. This new VA will still be called BlueHorizonintl and it will be open for all FLIGHTSIM. FS9,FSX,X-PLANE.

My Plans for this VA will be to continue as James started and keep BHI airborne. The only difference is that it will be open to all, no more XACARS, I will open up a new VAFS for those pilot that would like to continue to fly on VAFS but it will not be required. This VA will be all automated via the website. Depart & Arrive in any airport of your choice. We will have Hubs that you will choose upon filling out in the application process.

If you have any question please feel free to contact me."

I hope this helps your question from 3 months ago! :lol:    Now I have my own VA. You can see it HERE

Toby (Former BHI047)