Who here flies FSE using X-Plane?

pryoski

I highly recommend FSEconomy as a great in-between to virtual airlines where you might feel a little stuffy, and apps like Air Hauler which are "single player" tools. FSEconomy blends the community aspects of a VA in with the man-on-a-mission aspects of Air Hauler into one unified experience which is hard to beat.

I do essentially ALL my simulation flying with FSEconomy.  Despite X-Plane and FSE being compatible in most respects, aspects of my flying style and personal preferences don't lend themselves well to X-Plane just yet. That is one of the key reasons I have not been able to make the switch to flying more with X-Plane. I've done a few FSE flights in X-Plane but still find myself returning to "old faithful". That's not to say YOU wouldn't like it - there are many FSEconomy pilots using X-Plane and loving every moment.  FSEconomy doesn't inherently enhance or detract from one platform or another really - if you like X-Plane flying, you'll love X-Plane flying with FSEconomy! Give it a shot!

-Greg

Edited by greggerm
  • Upvote 1

Just thought I'd provide some closure to the topic as I was the one who raised it .. FSE is great! It's very immersive and has a lot of potential to become even more than it is now imo. I'd definitely recommend it ... might even try it in conjunction with PilotEdge once I get brave enough ;).

Huge FSE fan. Conducting FSE flights with online ATC is a combination that's hard to beat.

Since I pay for the operating costs on my real airplane, I enjoy using the cost saving techniques that I apply there to FSE, too. For example, I pickup my clearances with ATC with the avionics on but the engines off to minimize my engine run times. I lean as much as real world operations allow, etc.

FSE is a great scenario generator, too, dragging me between city pairs that wouldn't immediately leap to mind. I fly with real weather and generally the real time of day to maximize the variety of situations that I'll encounter. Good times.

Highly recommend FSE for those that are considering it.

• Upvote 1

+1

FSE is very good and gives genuine purpose for doing flights.

At the beginning of your career (where I am) the immediate goal seems to be to own your own plane, yet it seems so frustratingly far away as flying jobs with rented planes is not very lucrative.

I'm sure with patience and time it will come though.

What it does is give me plenty of value out of Tom Curtis' North-west US/Canada/Alaska sceneries for XP. :)

• Upvote 1