REMOTE CDU Blink/Keyboard Type

Kyle Sanders

Hello,

I am just now getting back into flying the CRJ2 again.

I am using the Remote CDU on another computer with Firefox.

The CDU screen is blinking a lot (refreshing I guess). Is there a way to stop this?

Also, would there be a way to free type into the scratch pad with the computer keyboard like the native CRJ2 FMC?

Hey Kyle,

I found Google Chrome yielding _significantly_ better results than Firefox in terms of responsiveness and refreshing.

As for the keyboard input, the original purpose of the remote CDU was to have it on the iPad to utilize the touch-screen. Obviously, no keyboard input on the iPad. The remote CDU working on other no-touch computers is a nice side effect, but not the main goal.

Currently I have no plans to change the remote CDU in favor of seond computers rather than tablets.

Philipp

sure, starting line 166 in the index.html, docroot folder, you find the image map used to make the clickspots. The click map was created using the generator from http://www.image-maps.com/ so actually it should fit all the buttons precisely. I found that sometimes because you target your index finger on the iPad slightly forward, you end up touch-clicking in front (read, ABOVE in the graphic) of the button. Maybe it is indeed good to make the click zones extend over the actual button zone.

• 2 months later...

Hi maletin,

please look at this html file that comes from a user modification for the 777 remote FMC. It is modified to use touch events on the iPad rather than onClick and it works remarkably well. Maybe combining your modifications with this would be a win?

I do have a github account and forked the repo already.

Philipp

index.html