Airport Lighting is... INVISBRU!

Colin S

Ok guys... when the first edition of XP10 came out and I eagerly awaited the two day download of the demo (remember that overload on the servers?), I was so impressed by how good the lights look... and now they suck. At first I thought maybe it was my gamma settings (which I mess with in weird ways to make it look epic), but no, not even he default settings could make taxiway lights visible from over 200 feet away at night.

Any suggestions?

I noticed this the first time I ran XP10. Subsequent googling revealed that the lighting in XP10 is much less intense than it was in XP9. Unfortunate.

Now comes the mission: I will dig through X-Plane and find the light intensity definitions. I think. Then again I have no freaking clue of the architecture of X-Plane...

Lights.txt file

Look for the size column in the w-w light definition. Change from 0.8 to something like 2.6.

HDR heavily affects the sprite size. Known bug which I've submitted to Ben and the boys.

I've hacked my own lights.txt file to drastically increase the spill width and billboard sizes for the sprites. Looks much better now.

Edited by chris k
  • Upvote 1

Lights.txt file

Look for the size column in the w-w light definition. Change from 0.8 to something like 2.6.

HDR heavily affects the sprite size. Known bug which I've submitted to Ben and the boys.

I've hacked my own lights.txt file to drastically increase the spill width and billboard sizes for the sprites. Looks much better now.

Chris could you insert a quote of the code text including and surrounding the area of the lights.txt file? I don't want to screw things up.