Problem importing apt.dat into WED

scubajuan_new

Hello, 

I decided to lay down OE for now and give WED a try. 

I converted a FSX scenery using FS2XP and encounter quite a few issues that need fixing. The scenery loads in XP 10.20 b8 with no problems, and also I can open the package in OE, but when I try to import the apt.dat into WED it reports a syntax error and does not open the file, this happens with this and other sceneries that I am trying to convert. I don't know where to find a document that explains the proper syntax for apt.dat files.

here is the file:

apt.dat.zip

DId you try to import the DSF? (which is all the important stuff)

...you can probably just use the APT.DAT from the base X-Plane Library, tho.

Ill have a look..

Update:

Ok, it works fine for me.. WED 1.2b1  (http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/)

post-5973-0-14388300-1356002847_thumb.pn

What version of WED are you using? The APT.DAT uses the new XP10 style ramp start locations.

post-5973-0-95731300-1356002892_thumb.pn

Edited by chris k

Thanks Chris once again, you have got to stop this or else I will end up buying you the plane ticket to Brussels  ;). Indeed I had an older version of WED installed. 

I have another question though. When I convert and import some FSX sceneries, some objects appear to be floating on the air, aca the elevation is not 0. I know that sceneries is MSFS do not follow the terrain contour, but is there a way to modify this objects to make them touch the ground?

Thanks.