Joystick setting recommandation needed

mccoy007

Hi

Several days ago I found CRJ200 project when I browse the Internet. Following the name, I "Google" and find this website.

I am a hardcore simulation aviator, but X Plane is a new found land for me, while CRJ200 is still under its developments, I decided to picked up the seamax, a smart looking seaplane for my first xplane payware plane.

Beside the impression from 3D model, Virtual Cockpit of this beautiful plane. I am besieged by the joystick setting. Xplane's default joystick configuration doesn't seemed to work for me. The plane response too sensitivity compared to my experience on MSFS. I don't have any hours on the real propeller plane, so I am wondering if anybody here can provide me a suitable sitting for this Seamax.

Many thanks

Yufeng

Well.. on the Seamax, as well as other aircraft what I usually do is redefine Joystick inputs on the x-plane joystick menu. So maybe if you have a very sensible joystick you will have for all other aircrafts also.

Go to Settings/Joystick, keys & equipment, and there on center tab, you will be able to calibrate your joy. Put left sliders to 100% and right ones to 0% Then if your joy is very "nervous" apply a nullzone for it.

Hope it can solve your issue. Happy 2010! and thanks for buying the Seamax!

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the HOTAS Cougar as my joystick. It shouldn't be categorized as a very sensible joystick. For MSFS I just leave it as default sensitivity setting(50%).

Today I try to set all axis' control response to 50% and the plane response much better.

I would like to know your setting on the stability augmentation. The xplane shows that the full left for most realism, but I do feel the aircraft is a bit too "twitchy" with the full left configuration.