Advanced Scenery Design and Dev Pipeline?

Hawk UK

their attitude is that the community should create the plugins for the software they use(A very unhelpful and unprofessional attitude in my opinion).

This depends on your point of view ... because, if you see that there are other 1000 guys/girls (the number of those, who voice their wishes at all) who have their own "most important" wish, then you realize, that this feature request is one in a lot of others. And I think, most of you did already understand, that Laminars resources are not unlimited ... thus, they always need to prioritize.

And if you would be willing to "pay a little extra" ... then there is no reason why Laminar would need to be the one you pay to. Any 3rd party could then "develop" that script/plugin ... if he would see a "market" for it.

This depends on your point of view ... because, if you see that there are other 1000 guys/girls (the number of those, who voice their wishes at all) who have their own "most important" wish, then you realize, that this feature request is one in a lot of others. And I think, most of you did already understand, that Laminars resources are not unlimited ... thus, they always need to prioritize.

And if you would be willing to "pay a little extra" ... then there is no reason why Laminar would need to be the one you pay to. Any 3rd party could then "develop" that script/plugin ... if he would see a "market" for it.

I realise everyone has their point of view and also of what features they would like implementing into XP; I'm not disputing this or trying to say they should not have those opinions. :)

My point of view is as a developer who would like to see XP10 develop into the best PC flight sim on the market(if it's not already :) ). As a developer I would like to see highly professional airports/airbases/planes/scenery, etc, etc..... of which there are very few examples compared to all packages available; Those few exceptions are fantastic examples of what can be acheived with XP 10, and this can only get better as time goes by. But would you buy a top quality paint set that came without top quality paint brushes? I think you'd be disappointed, yes? And this is all I'm saying about XP(Planemaker/WED Tools), is that they should include the ability to at least import standard professional dev tool file formats, ie: .fbx, etc, etc, and then convert them into the file format XP10 requires in the final build. And this should have been done as part of the initial development process of XP10 together with all the beta technical writing updates(for the manuals/tutorials) and beta dev tool updates before XP10 beta was released(This is what I call being professional). This would allow for a very productive and efficient dev process for professional developers and amatures alike. And if LR need to charge a little more for XP10 to enable them to do this, then so be it. Good flight sims are a niche market item and those people will always be willing to pay a little more for a good product.

As far as relying on third party community developers for plugins - The problem with that process is that we could be waiting six months or more for the plugin which then is quite often unstable and does not support all features or support the latest version of the software your using.... Again we're left up in the air wondering if and when a plugin will become available, if at all. Don't get me wrong; Community plugin developers are absolutely fantastic people.... I'm just pointing out the big disadvantages of waiting for a quality community created plugin to become available, if at all.

PS: If your going to quote me, then please quote the whole entry, don't parse my forum entries.... Parsing single/part sentences out of a paragraph is for gutter press journalists.... It takes what people say out of context and readers can easily come to the wrong conclusion about what people are actually talking about. Thanks :)

Hawk.

• Upvote 1