Final Frontier for X-Plane 10 update

Howdy

I've spent the past 3 weeks up in Alaska scouting out the airports that I want to upgrade in Final Frontier for X-Plane 10. For those of you who aren't aware of it, Final Frontier was designed and released just as X-Plane 8 was being released. It's held up fairly well but I'll be the first to admit, that it was starting to show its age. So I decided to do a major rebuild of all of the major airports as well as many of the smaller ones. This will be in addition to adding all of the new features as well as aligning the seaplane bases and bush ports with the new shorelines in X-Plane 10. (The shorelines differ significantly from those in XP 8 and 9 so this in itself was a major undertaking)

I should have the first installment of Final Frontier for X-Plane 10 ready for release before the end of July. Do to the vast amount of changes and major rebuilds of the airports, I will be forced to charge a one time fee for this upgrade to FF-10.

Here is how it will work.

If you have purchased Final Frontier since X-Plane 10 was released (Nov 1, 2011), this update will be free.

If you have already purchased the $20.00 upgrade for all three packages (Inside Passage, Final Frontier and Canadian Rockies) this upgrade will be free.

If you have purchased Final Frontier prior to November, 2011, there will be a one time charge of $10.00 for the upgrade to FF-10. After that, all future updates will be free for the run of X-Plane 10.

If you have purchased all three packages at any time in the past but have not upgraded any of them to the X-P 10 versions, you can still do so for a one time fee of $20.00 if you purchase them all at once. otherwise, you will have to pay $10.00 for each one you choose to upgrade.

I've uploaded screenshots to my XPFW forum page. You can view them here:

http://forums.xplane...dpost__p__71695

As always Howdy, if there's any additional information you need from the Juneau area I'd be glad to help. I have access to inside the airport gate as well if you need anything else from in there. :)

Cool. I was up there on June 23. Beautiful sunny day. It got quite a few pix of the field but I'll shoot you a PM with a request or two.

I spent about 4 days at Gustavus flying my friend's Maul checking out the bush strips in the area. I made it as far north as Haines and Skagway, and the local strips like Excursion Inlet, Hoonah and a few others. I plan on returning in September when I ferry a Beaver from Anchorage down to Victoria for the winter. Along the way, I plan on dropping into many of the seaplane bases along the way. Do you winter up there? Or primarily a seasonal seasonal job? I'll try to look you up since I want to spend at least a day in the area.

Cool. I was up there on June 23. Beautiful sunny day. It got quite a few pix of the field but I'll shoot you a PM with a request or two.

I spent about 4 days at Gustavus flying my friend's Maul checking out the bush strips in the area. I made it as far north as Haines and Skagway, and the local strips like Excursion Inlet, Hoonah and a few others. I plan on returning in September when I ferry a Beaver from Anchorage down to Victoria for the winter. Along the way, I plan on dropping into many of the seaplane bases along the way. Do you winter up there? Or primarily a seasonal seasonal job? I'll try to look you up since I want to spend at least a day in the area.

Skagway is a hoot of an approach, isn't it? That was the last time I was sick on a plane; flying up there in a 207, didn't make it through the 180º drop to the runway. :P That trip in a Beaver would be simply amazing! I'll actually be down south for school during September, would love to catch up with you some other time however if you're passing though again.