Can't export scenery pack in WED1.2b

sichars1968

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is able to help me out?

I am continuing with my scenery project in WED1.2b and suddenly I don't seem able to export the scenery package to XPX. I am working on KGEG - Spokane, and I have just been doing the facades for the terminals. One thing I have done since I was last able to export was made part of the facade wall round using bezier curves, am I able to do this with walls? The program just closes with the Windows trying to find a solution box.

Also is there a place to report bugs for the WED 1.2b?

Hope somebody can point me in the right direction?

Regards

Simon

Edited by sichars1968

One thing I have done since I was last able to export was made part of the facade wall round using bezier curves, am I able to do this with walls?

Yep - those work - I use round walls and fence facades all the time in WED 1.2

What's WED doing? crashing? tossing an error? locking up?

There is the bug report form on laminar's website, but WED bugs are low priority at the moment. (http://dev.x-plane.c.../bugreport.html)

PM me your earth.wed.xml file and I'll see if I can export it. (no need to send the package, just the WED project is all Id need)

- CK.

Edited by chris k

WED bugs should be posted here:

http://dev.x-plane.c...ll_bug_page.php

Create an account and you can submit and track your WED bugs. I have had several experiences similar to yours. I'm on Windows7, but know that many of these are Windows-only bugs and do not occur for our Apple friends. I have submitted several reports, but, like Mr. K said, I think the emphasis is not on WED right now. :)

I have two major crash reports submitted related to Bézier curves and pavement types, along with some enhancement/usability requests.

Edited by RealScenery

Thanks for the replies guys.

I went back in and took the curves off of the terminal walls I was trying to do and all is well and it exported and has done since, so that is obviously a Windows thing. I will file a bug report later(no rush as it's not high priority). When I tried to make the walls curve, the normal red line around the perimeter of the facade shape changed to dashed around the curved section, which made me think it was this it didn't like.

Anyway, many thanks to both of you for helping me and giving me the links etc.

Regards

Simon