G1000 knobs and some switches can be assigned to external hardware but don't work

On the G1000 when popped out to RealSimGear hardware or even when not the following are not working and can't be changed

1. Course knob for Nav1, Nav2 and GPS mode does nothing when popped out
2. Barometric pressure knob does nothing and can't adjust the setting
3. PFD/MFD Alt Sel inner knob changes to 500 and then does nothing. Outer knob works fine

Misc Switches not working

1. Landing and Taxi lights commands can be assigned to external hardware, but they don't move the switch at all
2. Fuel tank can switch left and right but no off? Or is the handle only move using the left and right command? This is what is seems
3. Avionics switch can't be assigned to external hardware and the default does not work to move the switch

Log.txt

Edited by azpilot61

One more issue after flying today with the plane, which does fly really nice. 

When you load it up the radio sound in the main sound gui of XP either is completely off or completely on and will not stay where I set it. This is the aircraft I have that does this and when changing to another aircraft the radio sound is full blast. Is there any way to make it not do that?

15 hours ago, azpilot61 said:

On the G1000 when popped out to RealSimGear hardware or even when not the following are not working and can't be changed

1. Course knob for Nav1, Nav2 and GPS mode does nothing when popped out
2. Barometric pressure knob does nothing and can't adjust the setting
3. PFD/MFD Alt Sel inner knob changes to 500 and then does nothing. Outer knob works fine

Some knobs, and I noted that recently, work only the you "press and hold". We are using X-Plane commands for this, so we don't have access into the logic.  I will have a talk with Laminar, and probably send a bug report on this one.

15 hours ago, azpilot61 said:

1. Landing and Taxi lights commands can be assigned to external hardware, but they don't move the switch at all
2. Fuel tank can switch left and right but no off? Or is the handle only move using the left and right command? This is what is seems
3. Avionics switch can't be assigned to external hardware and the default does not work to move the switch

Landing Lights switch and avionics switch, because they have custom logic, are following custom datarefs, and not X-Plane's logic. That's why the default commands have no effect on them. Probably I will do another update and bug fixing soon, to add some custom commands that you can map your controls.

The fuel tank selector is driven by 2 commands:

les/fuel/int/tank_selector_right
les/fuel/int/tank_selector_left

This commands rotate the switch clockwise or counter-clockwise respectively. The switch will go, first command, from LEFT TANK -> RIGHT TANK -> OFF -> LEFT TANK...

26 minutes ago, azpilot61 said:

One more issue after flying today with the plane, which does fly really nice. 

When you load it up the radio sound in the main sound gui of XP either is completely off or completely on and will not stay where I set it. This is the aircraft I have that does this and when changing to another aircraft the radio sound is full blast. Is there any way to make it not do that?

The manipulation of the master radio volume, is a part of the very complex audio/headset simulation we have implemented. I should have thought that better, and I will add it in the next update, to store user's volume setting when the aircraft loads, and return it back when the aircraft unloads.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ilias.tselios said:

Some knobs, and I noted that recently, work only the you "press and hold". We are using X-Plane commands for this, so we don't have access into the logic.  I will have a talk with Laminar, and probably send a bug report on this one.

Landing Lights switch and avionics switch, because they have custom logic, are following custom datarefs, and not X-Plane's logic. That's why the default commands have no effect on them. Probably I will do another update and bug fixing soon, to add some custom commands that you can map your controls.

The fuel tank selector is driven by 2 commands:

Thank you for the response, 

For the G1000 Barometric Pressure, the Nav 1 Course and GPS Course and PFD/MFD Alt Sel inner knob not working, I have resolved this by reviewing the datarefs in the .obj file for the G1000 and assigned as needed to the CommandMapping.ini file for the RealSimGear G1000 hardware as noted below

For the Avionics switch and landing lights I've found the datarefs used and created a .lua script so those are now working fine
Yes I've figured out the fuel tank and we are good there as well. Thanks

PFD 

ENC_BARO_UP=sim/instruments/barometer_up
ENC_BARO_DN=sim/instruments/barometer_down
ENC_ALT_INNER_UP=sim/autopilot/altitude_up
ENC_ALT_INNER_DN=sim/autopilot/altitude_down
ENC_CRS_UP=les/C23/cmd/avionics/g1000_pfd_crs_up
ENC_CRS_DN=les/C23/cmd/avionics/g1000_pfd_crs_down

MFD

ENC_ALT_INNER_UP=les/C23/cmd/avionics/g1000_mfd_alt_inner_up
ENC_ALT_INNER_DN=les/C23/cmd/avionics/g1000_mfd_alt_inner_down

GMA audio panel  for enabling the speaker/head phone button and lighting up the audio marker beacon sensitivity lights

BTN_SPKR=les/C23/cmd/avionics/g1000/audio_speaker
<9=les/C23/avionics/g1000/audio_panel_lit_10#1
<10=les/C23/avionics/g1000/audio_panel_lit_11#1  
<11=les/C23/avionics/g1000/audio_panel_lit_12#1

Wondering if you could check the elevator limit or trim? Seems coming into land I'm running out of not only elevator authority but also trim up?

The only other thing I've run into and I assume its because of the 12.1.2r3 beta (tested on 12.1.1 release build and it worked) is that the VOR ID and DME doesn't work as shown below in yellow for 12.1.2r3 beta. Note, all my other aircraft including defaults show this information fine its only the Sundowner that does not in the beta

12.1.2r3

12.1_2r3.jpg.1fd71eae2a926aa8810677b3b0a121fe.jpg

12.1.1.jpg.cacac1d1ede774f84bbbbd00b93788c7.jpg

Edited by azpilot61

2 hours ago, azpilot61 said:

The only other thing I've run into and I assume its because of the 12.1.2r3 beta (tested on 12.1.1 release build and it worked) is that the VOR ID and DME doesn't work as shown below in yellow for 12.1.2r3 beta. Note, all my other aircraft including defaults show this information fine its only the Sundowner that does not in the beta

C23 comes woth libradio plugin, to provide better simulation of signal reception, but seems to create this issue. Remove the plugin from the C23/plugins/ folder, and reload the aircraft.

4 hours ago, ilias.tselios said:

C23 comes woth libradio plugin, to provide better simulation of signal reception, but seems to create this issue. Remove the plugin from the C23/plugins/ folder, and reload the aircraft.

Removing this plugin resolved the issue with the VOR. Thank you