Photos from the 10th German Flightsim Conference

philipp

On Saturday, for the tenth year in a row now, the Aerosoft-hosted annual German Flightsim Conference was held at the Oberschließheim Airfield, near Munich.

The conference program included a very flamant introduction to X-Plane 10 by Frank Willfeld, Lufthansa Systems, former German distributor of X-Plane 6-9. Robert Randazzo from PMDG announced their product lineup for the FSX for the next years, and stated that there is not yet a final decision on which airplane will be first ported to X-Plane. After that, I had my presentation about high-quality X-Plane aircraft, and of course showed off the CRJ, for which the box-sales at Aerosoft started on this day.

There will soon be posted more pictures over at Aerosoft Sim news, currently a few are already online http://asn.aerosoft.com/

These are a few of my impressions:

Guess which aircraft that went on sale this day was the portrait of the conference? Hint: It is not an aircraft for FSX!

IMG_0114.JPG

Aerofly FS on display at IPACS. Mac version is out yet, and it looks awesome! Flight dynamics are actually "not bad" according to Austin Meyer who tested it on my Notebook.

IMG_0072.JPG

X-Plane-driven Diamond cockpit simulator, unfortunately they had an ATI-equipped PC driving the sim, so the lighting was buggy. But flying from this cockpit is definitely impressive!

IMG_0074.JPG

"Force X-Plane" Frank Willfeld and me, promoting X-Plane 10 to the FSX users.

IMG_0078.JPG

X-Plane 10 global and CRJ box for sale

IMG_0086.JPG

Late in the evening, after the official dinner, with some folks from simflight, Aerosoft, and Robert Randazzo from PMDG (in the center).

IMG_0138.JPG

Next morning, after having endless conversations with other developers (went to bed at almost 2:00am) and after being almost deprived of breakfast because of the stupid switch to DST at this weekend in Germany:

IMG_0150.JPG

Watch out for more photos over at the Aerosoft forums.

Philipp

• Upvote 2