X-Plane 10 HD Scenery Mesh released!

alpilotx

• 5 weeks later...

No, I won't ... at least not until Minus.com works ;) ... I have already uploaded over 15 GBytes ... and redoing takes days with 1 MBit upstream (so, I try to avoid it as long as possible ... and rather use the bandwidth for new stuff)!

And it seems, servage.net is a paid service ... which is not generally wrong, but at the current rate of donations (hrhrhm ;) ) it wouldn't be covered for long.

Ah, and are you sure about the unlimited storage and traffic? I do have all of that already at my current web provider (where my website is hosted), but you very quickly find out, that almost NO webhosting has a real unlimited traffic. Somewhere deep in the fine print you always see, that they mean some kind o "fair use" ... which in the end means, that the traffic is really not unlimited. I have already run into that limit a few times with my webhosting (usually the webhosters do not like this) ... thats why I went to the free file hosters.

Edited by alpilotx

Our last ftp server for our ton of spanish sceneries was a french company. We had a dedicated server (with the OS of your choice), 2 terabytes (or RAID of your choice) storage and 100/100 connection with real unlimited bandwith. The thing is it costs around 75 euros/month ( close to 100 dollars) but it really worths the penny. Free use of your own, good help service etc...

Yes, I am fully aware of such offerings (with dedicated servers etc.) .... but that price point would be entirely outside of my scope (or I would need to make my stuff payware ... which is not really my intention). So, I think, the file hosters are an acceptable compromise as long as they work (even if they only work 95% of the time).