Problem with library.txt

JohnMAXX

I am stumped and I know it is XP10 that is kicking my butt......I am trying to replace two textures:

ice_cld_wet_sflat_d.dds

ice_vcld_wet_sflat_d.dds

here is my library.txt :

A

LIBRARY

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10_NamNWcst/ice_cld_rain_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10_NamNWcst/ice_cld_rain_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10_NamNWcst/ice_cld_rain_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10_NamNWcst/ice_cld_rain_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_rain_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_rain_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_rain_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_rain_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_dry_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_dry_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_dry_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_dry_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_sdry_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_sdry_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_sdry_sflat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_sdry_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_flat.ter terrain/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_flat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_sflat_lo.ter terrain/ice_vcld_wet_sflat.ter

I have overlooked the .ter files and tried different combinations in the library.txt ....I know it is a simple fix but I am missing something.... here is an example of a .ter file:

A

TERRAIN

BASE_TEX ../textures/ice_vcld_wet_sflat_d.dds

BORDER_TEX ../textures10/border/vhard.png

PROJECTED 2920 2920

AUTO_SLOPE_HEADING

AUTO_SLOPE_HILL 1344 1344 20.000000 23.000000 ../textures10/soil/rock_cld_wet_hill_d.dds

AUTO_SLOPE_CLIFF 2160 540 57.000000 62.000000 ../textures10/soil/cliff_cld_wet.dds

NO_ALPHA

COMPOSITE_BORDERS

DECAL_LIB lib/g10/decals/stony_dirt_1.dcl

Hey John, what exactly do you want to do :) ? Or where is your problem (and why would you want to replace Alberts fantastic ice textures - I am only joking ;) )?

OK, you could do a lot of things here, depending on how flexible you want to be. But I would recommend to do this:

• make your own folder in "custom scenery" (lets call it custom pack).
  • make two subfolders like (all names are exemplary!):
    • "my_ters"
    • "my_textures"

[*]create a library.txt in your custom packs root

[*]In that library.txt ONLY copy the few lines (from original), where you want to change something! AND change where it points to (namely to your "my_ter" folder

[*]

EXPORT lib/g10/1000 world terrain/terrain10/ice_cld_wet_flat.ter my_ters/ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter

[*]Of course, copy the original - example - ice_cld_wet_sflat.ter to your "my_ters" folder (as that is what your library.txt "overwrite" references now!)

[*]Change your copy of the TER in "my_ters" to your liking! BUT you need to take care, that ALL textures which are referenced from within the TER are also available in your custom pack (all the paths are relative to the location of the TER)

[*]For example make BASE_TEX point to:

• ../my_textures/ice_vcld_wet_sflat_d.dds (and have a ice_vcld_wet_sflat_d.dds in your "my_textures" ... of course)

[*]And be careful, that this TER uses more textures which need to point somewhere, where you have a real texture, like:

• BORDER_TEX (it definies how soft or har
    • AUTO_SLOPE_HILL (a shader trick ... in your example, beginning with slope 20-23 degrees, this texture blends in)
    • AUTO_SLOPE_CLIFF (a shader trick ... in your example, beginning with slope 57-62 degrees, this texture blends in and will be projected from the side ... the cliff projection!)

The good thing with this approach is, that your custom package will be completely selfsufficient ... You can put it in, and your changes take ove, or you can remove it, and the default comes back.

And make sure, you read this:

http://scenery.x-plane.com/tutorials.php?doc=library.php