has anyone used the Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick

larjeet

Yes i use one. I got tired of potentiometers wearing out on my old Saitek and Thrustmaster flight sticks, so specifically looked for hall sensors this time. The sensitivity is very good, and paired with a non linear control it makes very precise control a lot easier.

A downside for me is that it is not as comfortable as my old Saitek Cyborg, which had a multitude of bits you could alter to get it to fit your hand well. As an example, i have difficulty getting my thumb to reach the hat witch which i always use for trim.

Its a very well built unit though, and feels very solid, unlike the old cyborg which is not as sturdy.

I'd recommend trying to find one in a local shop to see how it fits your hand, but if precision takes priority over comfort for you its a good choice.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Me to actually one nice thing about the thrustmaster stick is the 12 button on the base I have assigned three on the right as left trim up center trim take off and right as trim down. If for some reason you mess up setting the trim just hit the center button and start over

Yep, hat switch for trim, just like real fighters. Hands On Throttle And Stick, or just HOS, as i don't have a separate throttle!

Push the hat switch forward to trim the nose down, and hat switch left for aileron trim left, and vice-versa.

I use the mouse in the 3D cockpit for looking around, might have to look into Track IR one of these days.

Well, mouse wheel used to be throttle, and everyone wished they could change it; but alas, Mousewheel<>Throttle was apparently hard coded in XP7, XP8, XP9, etc..

So now in response to all the requests, for XP10, Austin completely removed it; so now the mouse wheel has no function whatsoever.

It's a FEATURE =)

- CK.

My stick arrived today and has a throttle slider behind stick. Going to take some getting use to after so many years using my old Saitek Cyborg Evo. This stick

feels so tighter and the movement more controled. But also feels fat to my hand compared to the Evo. Have already reset it to run XP10 and default yaw control

was set using the throttle. The twist controlled the throttle. So they were resest, but all my button presets carried over.

Edited by Jim Kallinen

• 4 weeks later...

Yes i use one. I got tired of potentiometers wearing out on my old Saitek and Thrustmaster flight sticks, so specifically looked for hall sensors this time. The sensitivity is very good, and paired with a non linear control it makes very precise control a lot easier.

A downside for me is that it is not as comfortable as my old Saitek Cyborg, which had a multitude of bits you could alter to get it to fit your hand well. As an example, i have difficulty getting my thumb to reach the hat witch which i always use for trim.

Its a very well built unit though, and feels very solid, unlike the old cyborg which is not as sturdy.

I'd recommend trying to find one in a local shop to see how it fits your hand, but if precision takes priority over comfort for you its a good choice.

Hope that helps!

I found a little mod that might help This joystick comes with an extra thumbrest and cover for using with left hand I removed the thum grip alltogether and used just the covers I find this is more slender and can also be used with both hands it also nmakes it easier to reach the hat switch.

• 1 year later...

My stick arrived today and has a throttle slider behind stick. Going to take some getting use to after so many years using my old Saitek Cyborg Evo. This stick

feels so tighter and the movement more controled. But also feels fat to my hand compared to the Evo. Have already reset it to run XP10 and default yaw control

was set using the throttle. The twist controlled the throttle. So they were resest, but all my button presets carried over.

Not sure if you're still here, but after a year, how do you feel about the T.16000 now?

• 2 weeks later...

I own a lot of different joysticks (Warthog, G940, Aviator...) but the T16000 is the one I use 99% of the time for civilian flight sim. The stick is smooth and precise. I'm using it with my left hand (despite being a rightie) and use my right hand for mouse/keyboard and thrust levers. This is the perfect combo for me.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the way to go, in civilian planes we fly with left hand ;)

I do the same, but I use the stick gas thing so I have the stick between my legs so I can use it in my left hand and use the right hand for gas. But when I'll have external gas thing I'll put the stick to my left, as in the Cessna Corvalis TT.

176.jpg?c=7014

What is good with the T16000 is that it is a stick for both left handed and right handed, there are parts to change it from left to right handed include, and it is very easy to do (a screw to remove, you change the side of the thing, you put another part, and you put the screw back. Less than 5 minutes to do that... I'll have to move mine to left handed, but I have to find this plastic part back ;)

Edited by Julien Pham