How to add a pilot ...

Carlos Garcia

I try to add a Pilot to a plane but have a problem...

I add the Pilot Objet to the plane using plane maker, and change the Obj, position so the pilots look like he is in the Plane seat. I choose the option not to show the ACF textures when trying to position the Pilot object, but.... when I choose the textures to show, the Pilot object dissappers.

I choose the object, in plane maker to look "INSIDE".

Plane Cessna 185 : http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13061

Forget to says " I erase the default Pilot texture from the plane cockpit texture "cockpit.png" file"

Is there any way I can Fix this ??

As Always sorry for my poor english...

Go to viewpoint and click on the second tab and fiddle around with the bottom buttons... X-Plane's transparent textures make objects and other plane-maker stuff invisible.... Except if you click some buttons on the viewpoint... I know, that there is a button that mignt help, but I can't open plane maker right now, I'm on my mobile phone.

Going to the viewpoint menu won't fix anything because X-plane has a funny way of prioritizing objects inside objects.

It depletes some objects if it is inside another body that has a texture.

Think of it as a sandwich, bottom bread, ham, and top bread. The ham is in between the bread and therefore you can not see it. What you should do is place the pilot where you want it and see if it shows inside the aircraft while it is in the simulator. Does the pilot show in the simulator?

(Planemaker shows only the outer structures and cockpit object if it is inside the fuselage, smaller wideframed objects will not show unless in sim.)

I am a little surprised !!!

I think this forum have the best aircraft designers for X-plane, but no one can help (or care to post anything) me solve a problem that I think is very simple. (Design a plane with a lot of systems and a lot of 3d Model, Is a very complex task) :(

Thanks for your answer Hampster... Yes I need luck ! ...

Carlos

Edited by Carlos Garcia