1 year since Christchurch earthquake.

-TheoGregory

So it was the 1 year anniversary of when things started shaking round this place. Got looking at some video's that were on youtube that I thought i'd share... These were from the 6.3 aftershock we had in February.

And for those of you who are wondering how a 6.3 do the damage that a 7.1 couldn't. It's because a general earthquake shakes on one axis. X Y or Z. However every axis shock. This resulted in a earthquake that was stronger than the one they had in japan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfy6W0uHGNM

(someone can embed them for me if they like, I gave up on trying after 10 minutes)

Deepest regards to all you cantabs, I live in auckland and surviving the earthquake we had here was hard enough for me.... :P (Oh, and all that snow!)

But seriously, you guys are SUPER brave and alot like a trampoline, you guys just throw all the troubles up in the sky and get on with things, no matter how hard it becomes.

It was world news a year ago, but most news has moved on now, thanks theo for letting them know that they are still getting sorted after a long, stressfull year.

Three chears for the cantabs!

Well there's still the alpine fault to go which is 300 years overdue. Scientists are saying it may the largest recorded earthquake ever. Don't let that discourage you though chris. If you live in Auckland you'll be fine. And if your gonna live in Christchurch, your pretty safe. We've gone through our crap :)