Step-by-Step Instructions for Hot Start TBM 900 Airframe Manager

jetdodger

I have searched the documentation that was included with the aircraft as well as searching this forum and other places but have not found what I need.  I have tried to create airframes such that I get a specific paint job/livery with a specific registration number/callsign when selecting the specific airframe.  For example, selecting airframe 1 would always give the Red Devil paint job with N191RD registry; selecting airframe 2 would give the Crimson Ash paint with N902CA; and selecting any other that I create would give a specific paint and specific registration without any need of changing anything to get there.

I have tried several sequences as I use the Airframe Manager with no success in getting the combinations that I thought I had created.  I would get a different paint job and/or a different callsign than what i thought I had created for at least some of the airframes.  I thought that what I have described as my goals for this was specifically what Airframe Manager was designed to do.  I have seen some other questions that seemed to be related to this as well.

So, I would appreciate a specific sequence of the proper steps to create new airframes that will result in the specific paint and callsign when selected, regardless of the state (i.e. paint and callsign) of the previous airframe flown.  Some questions that should be answered by this would be: Do I select the paint before I hit the "Create new airframe" or after?  Does hitting the "Set" for the registration/callsign actually lock in both the currently selected paint and the callsign?  How do I select the paint that I want to saved on a specific airframe, from X-plane 11 Flight Configuration or some other way?

Thank you very much to anyone who can clear this up for me.  I have had a lot of frustration with trying to create six airframes for the TBM 900 that each have a specific paint job and callsign despite going as far as reinstalling the aircraft multiple times to clear previous failed attempts.

I have Version 1.1.13 of the aircraft, and I am running XP 11.55, which I believe are the latest of each.

I found the solution to my problem, which I believe was a result of recently installing the X-Aviation Avanti II.  I found that I could not get the Avanti II to work under the current XP11 version and believe that it may have had an undesired effect on the Gizmo64 plugin that is required by it as well as the TBM 900.  I now have everything working as I expected it should.  I was able to create and recall the paint/callsign combinations that I had assigned to the six different airframes that I created.

I saw some questions in addition to my own as I was trying to figure out what was wrong as I attempted to save new TBM 900 airframes using Airframe Manager.  So, I made a checklist that is attached that describes the steps I used to successfully create and recall airframes with chosen paint schemes and call signs.

Creating and Recalling TBM 900 Paint & Callsign Combos with Airframe Manager Rev A.odt

Edited by jetdodger
Added some more notes to the procedure relating to trying to change a previously saved airframe