AutoPilot and xjoymap

MacFlyerDK

I am having some trouble with a crash of the autopilot (HDG and ALT) when xjoymap is active in the Python scripting environment.

I removed all of my plugins (Saitek Radio, Multi and Button Panel) along with some other plugins and reinstalled them one by one to find what causes the problem.

Last to go in again was Sandy's Python Plugin and still everything worked as it should.

However loading xjoymap script started problems again. Remove it and everything is fine.

So I started to look at my versions and got kind of confused.

iMac running 10.6.8

I have the latest xjoymap 1.2.2.

Python version on my iMac is 2.6.2 and 2.7.2 (both showing up as Frameworks)

X-Plane Python plugin is named PythonInterfaceMac27.xpl or PythonInterfaceMac26.xpl (tried them both)

Where should I go from here to figure out how to solve the problem ?

The CRJ200 is definitely the best plane to fly in X-plane, but there is a lot of buttons and mouse interaction, which is better put to the keyboard/joystick or a KeyPad on an iPad  8)  ........ so this is what I am working on with the help of xjoymap.

Re Peter

a lot of things may be done by offsets, the buttons has a offset to simulate click and the CRJ do the rest. use IOCP aplication to do this and you will see the magic happening.

I am doing a cockpit and my buttons i am simulating with this offsets. they are working fine.

Offset are the variables that CRJ and XPlane use to create a simulation, the data, anything in a simulator.

IOCP is a protocol used in aplications to load and write this offsets...

find in google for uipcx, iocp protocol... what else....

You can write aplication that run in network to handle this offset or to simulate instruments.

Ok, I know what you mean, but I normally use other words like datarefs and plugin.

I did a python "semi" plugin to read data from X-plane in to a RealBasic application and also fooled around with UDP reading the same way.

However, what I really wants to achieve with the crj200 right know is to hook the "not defaul" daterefs up with some shortcuts, so the mouse can be left alone.

Programming my way out of it seems a little much since xjoymap does it all.

But, still I have this issue with the AutoPilot not functioning correctly.

Must be an error in my system, but where ??

Re Peter

Your problem is probably that xjoymap accesses X-Plane's autopilot directly. Thereby you bypass all the CRJ logic and confuse the system.

This won't work!

You must setup your config so that the CRJ datarefs for the autopilot are triggered.

All datarefs for the CRJ are published here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2256.0

Philipp

Ok, I know what you mean, but I normally use other words like datarefs and plugin.

I did a python "semi" plugin to read data from X-plane in to a RealBasic application and also fooled around with UDP reading the same way.

However, what I really wants to achieve with the crj200 right know is to hook the "not defaul" daterefs up with some shortcuts, so the mouse can be left alone.

Programming my way out of it seems a little much since xjoymap does it all.

But, still I have this issue with the AutoPilot not functioning correctly.

Must be an error in my system, but where ??

Re Peter

Hi,

did you use the config file which I provided above? All the datarefs are the CRJ custom datarefs.

Cheers Tom

Yes I used your config file crj200.xjm without changes.

However, there must be a mistake somewhere.

Just now I deleted all the commands referring to the AutoPilot, also the ones in the end of the file, and now the AutoPilot will accept me pressing the HDG button and light up.

I will run through every command and check them against Phillipp's dataref list (thanks Phillip for pointing this out) and let you know if I find any divergence.

Re Peter

PS. I have an iPad and bought an App called "Custom KeyPad".

The App are able to send combined keystrokes to the computer so

with this I can have every single command for the crj200 in one handy sheet  ;)

Yes I used your config file crj200.xjm without changes.

However, there must be a mistake somewhere.

Just now I deleted all the commands referring to the AutoPilot, also the ones in the end of the file, and now the AutoPilot will accept me pressing the HDG button and light up.

I will run through every command and check them against Phillipp's dataref list (thanks Phillip for pointing this out) and let you know if I find any divergence.

Re Peter

PS. I have an iPad and bought an App called "Custom KeyPad".

The App are able to send combined keystrokes to the computer so

with this I can have every single command for the crj200 in one handy sheet  ;)

Good luck with your search - here this list works well. From time to time there is a CTD when using a hardware button or keystroke via USB connection. I discussed this with Phillip. After assigining all the custom datarefs instaed of default datarefs it became much better - but still from time to time a CTD. Maybe xjoymap maybe USB commands. But it happens on any button not only on AP. Please tell me what you find.

Maybe the author may teach you to write joystick commands directly like Ramzzess showed me how to write this for the SASL plugin for the SSJ - there I do not need the xjoymap anymore. Now it is all in the SSJ plugin.

Cheers Tom