[SOLVED] X-plane crashes when i select a sid from fms

davidngr

I just tried it and found nothing wrong. NINOX4A loads perfectly for me. Also, your crashdump makes no sense in relation to SIDs.

Which AIRAC cycle do you use? Did you update from Navigraph?

Just to be sure, can you confirm it occurs only with the NINOX4A SID or also with others?

Next, if it is indeed a problem of this SID, can you post the contents of the

X-Plane/JRollonPlanes/SidStar/LEVC.xml so I can check it whether it is a problem of the new AIRAC cycle.

Philipp

Philipi i am facing problem like that, but intermittent...

The only task in cockpit that cause crash in crj200  have been caused by FMS, selecting a SID, STAR... my cycle is the same distributed in 1.1.1.

How do i can collect the data when this occur?

Hi Philipp, thanx u so much for your quick reply. Well my airacs date back to 1015 cycle, I mean the cycle that u have distributed in CRJ package. Do u think it's a question of update? I have not tried yet with other sids, or stars because I preferred studying hard the manual first before starting a serious flight with my beloved aircraft. I will try with other sids and stars to make sure that everything works fine. I am not allowed to send the content of LEVC.xml, xml files are not supported by this forum and I am not able also to open the file from my mac to send u the content of this file. Is there a way to send it privately?

Hope to hear from u soon.

Davide

Hi guys I have updated the airacs (cycle 1017) but again the same problem occurs. I have changed my destination. It was LEVC-LESA. I have programmed the route with all fixes and waypoints on the FMS. But when it came to selecting the SID, x-plane crashed. I mean after loading all fixes and waypoints, I clicked first on LEGS and then on DEP/ARR. After choosing the rwy and the current SID available for that rwy, this is what I see on the screen: MANDY4A <selec> AND RYW 30 <selec>. Then I pressed on MANDY4A ( i am not pretty sure whether it is the right name of that procedure), and x-plane crashed. I don't know what it is going on, maybe I am doing something wrong, or there is something else which is faulty somewhere. But as far as I can see, this problem has occurred again.

Thanx for all.

Waiting for an answer:-)

Yours

Davide

Hi David,

this doesn't make sense. There is no such thing as a "1017" or "1015" cycle.

The CRJ was shipped with 1103 (2011, 3rd cycle) and now we have 1107 (2011, 7th cycle).

Please have a look at this file X-Plane/JRollonPlanes/Navdata/cycle_info.txt

In the first line it says "AIRAC cycle  : xxyy"

Please make sure that xxyy is the number you downloaded (1107 presumably). If it is not, you makde a mistake installing the update navdata.

I can confirm that the NINOX and MANDY SIDs of LEVC load without crashing on 1103 and 1106 here.

You said "after loading all fixes and waypoints", so could you please post the entire flightplan route that you entered here?

Also, did you select a takeoff Runway BEFORE selecting the SID? SIDs may or may be not available for all runways. So can you try the two runways of LEVC separately to narrow down this problem.

Philipp

Sorry my dear Philipp, you re perfectly right. I have made a mess of it. The new AIRAC cycle is 1107. Anyway I was able to solve the problem. It was my fault, because I was following the wrong procedure. Here some pictures of what I have done earlier:

Picture 1) This is the programmed route

2] These are the SIDS available for rwy 30 (I have selected rwy 30, and then NINOT4A)

3] This is the route to be followed according to NINOT 4A stored on LEGS page

4] The mistake I have made before was when I clicked on NINOD 4A <SEL> (the one on picture 4), and this was when X-PLANE crashed, without realizing that the sid procedure was now avaliavle ON LEGS page. Anyway, x-plane sometimes continues to crash  not because of SIDs, but because of something that is due to FMS. For instance I notice that if I click on a FMS button which has nothing to do with the correct procedure (as explained on the example above), x-plane tends to crash, so maybe you may want to have a look on it and tell me if you encounter the same problem. I hope I was clear

Hope to hear from u soon

Davide

post-4582-131369615683_thumb.png

post-4582-1313696157_thumb.png

post-4582-13136961572_thumb.png

Okay, I see what is wrong here.

It is the same bug that Woweezowee reported: When trying to re-select a SID without re-selecting the runway, the FMS crashes. Well, it should not crash of course, it should just do nothing.

I will correct this in the future.

Philipp