PDF tutorial photos very dark on iPad

Herbumus

Cameron, Javier and Crew,

Congratulations on the CRJ-200. I know it's been a long hard road, but I hope it is now beginning to pay off. You certainly deserve it.

I know this may seem an odd request and if I could do this without bugging you guys I would, but...

I would love to use the PDF tutorial on the iPad while in the CRJ cockpit. Saves switching back and forth between the sim and Acrobat. The iPad displays the PDF's photos very dark - unable to discern, especially with critical diagrams/explainations. This is a known iPad issue, still unresolved by Apple.  I've found only 1 work around for this issue... and it requires the PDF's to be regenerated.

When exporting to PDF, if the 'color' preferences are changed in the 'Output' section, with the 'Destination' to 'Apple RGB', the PDF photos look fine on the iPad.

I know others are utilizing their iPads in conjunction with their simulators, so others will benefit as well. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks in advance for you consideration in this matter.

In awe of the CRJ200,

Herbumus

I saw mention of GoodReader in my research of the problem. I did, however, also see that some had bought GoodReader without resolution of this issue. Do you (woweezowee) have GoodReader and have viewed these particular CRJ tutorials with good results?

Thanks,

Herbumus

Just as a matter of record... as I had learned from my research, GoodReader does not address the issue of the PDF dark photos. I bought it yesterday, hoping... but to no avail. As I said in my initial post, the only current work around is a regeneration of the PDF's. I will continue to wait patiently in hopes of hearing from Cameron or Javier. I cannot regenerate these documents myself or I would. They are the only ones who can help us at this point.

Herbumus

I saw mention of GoodReader in my research of the problem. I did, however, also see that some had bought GoodReader without resolution of this issue. Do you (woweezowee) have GoodReader and have viewed these particular CRJ tutorials with good results?

Thanks,

Herbumus

yes, I used Goodreader to read and learn about the CRJ while flying. I'm on iPad verion 1, maybe a difference to the new one?

Well  I will try to regenerate them. But it is something I don't understand how one of the most buyed pads have that issue when is something that ipad people do most. Read pdfs. That and not having flash compatibility made me buy an android pad instead.

Javier,

I am soooo sorry to annoy you with this request. If I had any other avenue to pursue, it would have been my preference. I understand Android is experiencing the same problem as mentioned in this string...

I am sensitive to the countless hours you spend supporting your aircraft and I don't take you guys for granted. Sincere thanks for your help here.

Herbumus