autopilot stops working completely

Nouknitouk

Good day

I have had another strange issue with the CRJ which ended up in a miserable crash, only 30 minutes from destination (after a 3 hours flight:()

I was flying from CYQB to CYFB, and, just past the Kuujjuaq VOR, I noticed that the plane was drifting from the FMS flight plan.

It drifted and drifted, even if the autopilot was engaged and showing active on the EICAS.

So once I realized it would not correct it, i disengage the NAV mode, and switch to HDG to correct and re-intercept the path. Nothing happened. Its like the autopilot was not working anymore.

I checked YD switches. everything OK there. I disengaged FD and AP, and re-engaged them. Nothing.

The autopilot was completely down.

I decided to start a manual descent and land ASAP.(using XACARS, I did not want to lose the hours for my airline).

I hit a turbulence bump, and for some reason the G exceeded and the plane started spinning suddenly out of control.

It took about 20 seconds to go from FL310 to 0.

Really fast spin and descent.

I have no more details about the event.

X-plane 9.68

JRollon CRJ-200  v 1.1

XACARS plugin

XSQuawkbox plugin

Pilot-View

TRackIR device

Specs

Windows 7 64 bit SP1

6 GB of RAM

ATI Radeon HD5870 1Gb VRAM

thank you

Patrick

The spinning was from a removed wing surface, when you exceed speed or G.

Yes.. I know maybe that happened to him.. but it is good if you all put 2 in frame solution. With 2 you can even advance time to 6x without breaking the plane... so it is more strong and stable the flight dinamics calculation.