Possible to autosave and reload flights?

Kesomir

I just had the sim CTD to me on a flight in the CRJ. On FSX I use the autosave feature in FSUIPC (registered) to autosave the flight every few minutes, then in the event of a crash I simply load the lasst saved flight and continue.

Is there a plugin that does the same for x-plane? Is it even possible (saving a flight and restarting in the air?)

I understand I may have to load the flightplan into the CRJ and set up the status of the plane as I don't think it supports state saving. (yet).

the times I tested it it worked for me... Save situation. But this won't save all internal datarefs CRJ has.. only position speed, altitude.. and direction flying... So you have to program (load the route can help) again the fms and capture again.

Ah that's encouraging to hear - is there a plugin you know of that autosaves in this manner every x minutes?

EDIT - I see from the SDK there's: XPLMSaveDataFile so should be fairly easy to do. Might even be able to myself if I get my compiler set up again.

But better not to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.